It Looked Like A Great Deal On Aguila 22LR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Looked Like A Great Deal On Aguila 22LR

I checked AmmoSeek today, just killing some time, and saw that Carolina Munitions was offering Aguila's "Standard High Velocity" 22LR ammo for only $159.00 per case of 5,000 rounds or 3.18 cents per round - a great price. When I got to their site, I saw they also offered Aguila's Standard Velocity 22LR of less @ $156.00 or 3.12 cents per round. How could I resist, I went to their site and commenced to order the standard velocity ammo planning to have it sent to my son in AR.

Well, I found out how I could resist that purchase soon after I started putting in my order info; shipping was shown as going to cost: $157.70 for a total of $313.25 or 6.625 cents per round shipped!!! That is no mistake, at least on my part, I looked and looked again and did a screen shot of the cost of what I was about to have ordered also showing shipping (click on the pic to enlarge it):

image_43556.jpg

That shipping fee more than would have doubled the total cost of the ammo and that is shown as for UPS Ground! I have to wonder if that is a glitch in their system that made the shipping cost so darned high or is it what they actually charge for shipping. If it is what they charge then AmmoSeek is certainly correct in indicating they have very high shipping rates. I sent Carolina Munitions an email to inquire about the cost of shipping. I would have done so by phone but a recorded message at their number says to send inquiries via email. While waiting for their reply, I think I will shop elsewhere.
    Last edited by Glenn B; 04-27-2019, 11:50 AM.
    Retired and loving it.

It's not a mistake. I've tried to buy ammo from Carolina as well and their shipping was astronomical. Needless to say, I have never placed an order with them.

Comment

Carolina Munitions are pathetic,. Great rimfire prices here https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rimfi...By=8&mode=list. $23 to ship 5000 rnd case. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agui...28-p-3436.aspx . Free shipping

Comment

I usually go with TargetSportsUSA but, now that I'll soon be living on half my pension, if I find really good offers elsewhere, I need to start taking advantage of them. In the long run, that may mean sticking with TargetSportsUSA.
        Retired and loving it.

Comment

I always use Target Sports. Free shipping on bulk purchases delivered right to my door. Never any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 7vette2 View Post
            I always use Target Sports. Free shipping on bulk purchases delivered right to my door. Never any issues.
            I would say, overall, TargetSportsUSA is the best online ammo dealer with which I have dealt and I have used quite a few different online ammo dealers. I like some others but most of the time TSUSA is the least expensive when you calculate ammo and shipping (at least when buying by the case), they are usually fast to ship, the one time (as I remember it was only one time) I had to contact their customer service, it was very responsive and courteous and they will ship direct if you prefer. They also have a pretty good assortment of ammo.
            Retired and loving it.

Comment

Working...
            X