No announcement yet.

Target sports 62 grain xm855

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im curious, why do people like this ammo over 55g xm193?

The terminal ballistics on 193 are way better and its more accurate.

855 will penetrate a bit more through objects, but not by much.

Comment

Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post
      Im curious, why do people like this ammo over 55g xm193?

The terminal ballistics on 193 are way better and its more accurate.

855 will penetrate a bit more through objects, but not by much.
      Paul Harrell did a video on just that question, and came to the same conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat M View Post

Paul Harrell did a video on just that question, and came to the same conclusion.
        I just don't get why people like this ammo? Is it the cool green tip and armor penetration nonsense? The same armor that stops xm193 will stop xm855...level 3+

Comment

Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post

I just don't get why people like this ammo? Is it the cool green tip and armor penetration nonsense? The same armor that stops xm193 will stop xm855...level 3+
          Probably because the atf at one point tried to ban it. I hold a healthy stock pile of both 55 gr and the 62 grains. Lastly the rebate makes it attractive.

Comment

Most of my AR shooting revolves around competition and HD. Neither of which green tips are any good for. I truly don't see the point unless I really don't like my neighbors and family members or enjoy buying new steel for the ranges I shoot at

Comment

I just ordered a case of this ammo and the deal works out even better if you have a Target Sports USA Prime membership. My cost now was $279.95 since I took the shipping insurance that I usually do not purchase but forgot to uncheck the box this time. After the expected $50.00 rebate, that will have lowered it to a total price of $229.95. That Prime membership will have paid for itself probably by my next or next two orders at the most and my next orders will be for a couple or few boxes each of various caliber ammo I need and will come with free shipping even though not bought in case quantities. A great deal is that TS USA prime membership. Come to think of it, this is my first ammo order since I arrived in Texas; who knows, there may be many more.
              Last edited by Glenn B; 09-05-2019, 05:57 PM.
              Retired and loving it.

Comment

Learning something new every day: https://youtu.be/bKQizbg1zBw

Comment

Hah, look at that.

Comment

Price for one thing. Weight of the bullet for another; when I hunt I like to use a somewhat heavier bullet, seems to have a somewhat more deadly effect on the game I am hunting. I also like the color green. As for buying this as opposed to 55 grain ammo - I buy both, I like variety.
                    Last edited by Glenn B; 09-09-2019, 10:51 AM.
                    Retired and loving it.

Comment

I like the 62 grain stuff even more after watching the video with regard to it's penetration capabilities; however, I'd like to see it shot at cars doors, body armor (hard plate), steel plating, and such as compared to the 55 grain against the same - that would be a more practical type of application - let's say - for the Zombie Apocalypse. The bottom line - each probably has its uses where it surpasses the other in performance.
                      Retired and loving it.

Comment

Working...
                      X