Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ammo Scarcity Problem

Hi Guys.
    Just thought I'd warn you guys. The ordinary lead shot shells disappeared in the past few days at the wholesale level. We've been buying Federal, Estate and Winchester AA without a hitch until last week. This whole week we have seen absolutely nothing in any wholesale supply chain. That's lead shot in all the trap and skeet sizes , as well as lead shot for ground birds. I do not know what happened other than I can't get them.
    Fair warning!
    LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Death by 1000 cuts.

Thanks Alan, for the update. Who would have ever thought that their ammo stash would be increasing in value more than their stock portfolio?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

Hope it’s temp and not something more nefarious.

Comment

I was going to hit Walmart in Riverhead yesterday but the garden center entrance was closed and I was to lazy to walk through the whole store. I hope this shortage won’t effect the ranges too much. All the online retailers have nothing. No ammo , primers , powder and now the bullets are scarce

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
          I was going to hit Walmart in Riverhead yesterday but the garden center entrance was closed and I was to lazy to walk through the whole store. I hope this shortage won’t effect the ranges too much. All the online retailers have nothing. No ammo , primers , powder and now the bullets are scarce
          The Riverhead Wally World shelves have been bare for weeks. Two weeks ago I waited for 30 min for someone to unlock the case for the last two 5 rnd boxes of 20 ga #1 buck. There was one box of 28 ga shells left.
          When they kick out your front door
          How you gonna come?
          With your hands on your head
          Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Centereach and Setauket Walmart shelves have been bare for weeks with the exception of a few lonely boxes of 28ga

Comment

Originally posted by raceradam View Post
              Centereach and Setauket Walmart shelves have been bare for weeks with the exception of a few lonely boxes of 28ga
              I actually SCORED the last 2 boxes of 20ga Sabot slugs they had at the Commack store!
              Thanks LI Ammo I know you recently stated you had some as well....hope to get down to you this weekend to grab some of those too if still available!

Comment

I thought Walmart pulled them off the shelves and you had to call first.
                because of the peaceful rioting and looting that was going on
                "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

I thought Walmart pulled them off the shelves and you had to call first.
                  because of the peaceful rioting and looting that was going on
                  That was reversed pretty quickly.

Comment

That was reversed pretty quickly.
                    shit. So no target ammo anywhere now either.
                    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yeah, all t he talk of civil war and they shuty down the ammo supply chain. Don't matter how many people hoarded and how much they hoarded.....need ammo to fight and if the well runs dry, that's it. They don't have to take the guns away, just the ammo is enough to ensure a quick resolution on the civil war front. We're in for a world of hurt if we don't get our shit together ASAP.
                      The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

Not looking to stir the pot, but remember when we used to say people would start paying attention when they couldn’t find 30-30 ammo and bird shot?
                        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                          Not looking to stir the pot, but remember when we used to say people would start paying attention when they couldn’t find 30-30 ammo and bird shot?
                          quit stirring the pot

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post

quit stirring the pot
                            And start smoking it? With Cuomo?

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                              Hunting season is over. FUDDs aren't going to notice till October.

Comment

Working...
                              X