Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APPLESEED @ LIPSA - April 21 & 22, 2018 - SOLD OUT!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APPLESEED @ LIPSA - April 21 & 22, 2018 - SOLD OUT!

Due to issues beyond anyone's control we didn't get in our WINTERSEED this year.

HOWEVER............Lets get ready for our "Patriots Day Anniversary Shoot".

This is our biggest event of the "Appleseed" year.

We celebrate and HONOR those who gave all on April 19, 1775 at this event.

This will be a 2 day SHOOT....

Saturday and Sunday, April 21 & 22, 2018.
    Saturday 8AM to 4PMish.
    Sunday 8AM to 2PM ish
    (If you can only make 1 day, choose Saturday. That's the day we go over all the Instructions and shooting positions.)

On Sunday we'll fire off our Memorial Volley as we call out the names and Honor those who died on April 19, 1775.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US!....

Repeat Appleseeders. First time Appleseeders. This is the one to attend if you've ever wanted to do, re-do an Appleseed Shoot.

Open to center fire and rim fire shooters.
    Irons, or Optics!

The plan is to go steady but easy. Remember Appleseed Shoots are not a competition. You're not required to do anything you feel you shouldn't make your body do. We'll work with everyone to make this an enjoyable, learning experience for all.
    Learn you will. (even though I know you'll all know the proper way to shoot )

Your entire Instructor crew is made up of
    LIGC Members.
    It another great way to meet Brother/Sister Members, lean and enjoy just shooting. It's fun, trust me I'm sure those who have attended before will back me up on this.

ONLY 25 TICKETS WILL BE SOLD!!!

Registration won't be opened until the first week in February. I'll give everyone a "Heads Up" before it opens so just follow this thread.

I do it this way to give everyone the opportunity to think about it and check your schedules. This way we won't get tickets being purchased until you're sure you'll attend. Hate to sell tickets to find out several changed their minds or found out somethings going on that weekend. This will allow you to plan.
    Although I realize life can throw some curve ball.

OH....Did I mention there are now a few new Patches that can be earned?

For those who have already earned their "PATCH" this will give you something to "AIM" for.
    For those who are still seeking their "Patch" this will give you something higher to "AIM" for.

To earn the
    DISTINGUISHED Rocker shoot a 230 or higher using irons a 240 or higher with optics. (This has been done at LIPSA several times).
    To earn the
    250 Rocker shoot a perfect score. For those who say it can't be done.....you're wrong. I've seen it done several times.
    The
    Known Distance Rocker needs to be earned at a Known Distance Event. Need to go upstate or out of State to have the "Distance" to shoot KD.

Please consider attending. It's going to be a GREAT WEEKEND!

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
    President T. Roosevelt
    OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

I'm available to IIT if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by UVBNAXED View Post
      I'm available to IIT if you need me.
      YES!

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
      President T. Roosevelt

Comment

Done. 👍🏻

Comment

It's a two day event, that'll be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
            It's a two day event, that'll be difficult.
            Not really. We’re going to take this one at a pace with that in consideration.

President T. Roosevelt

Comment

I need to do this! Will be my first one

Comment

Originally posted by Turfman81 View Post
                I need to do this! Will be my first one
                You won't be disappointed. This is an excellent event and you'll learn a lot.
                Please Donate to My Son's Missions Trip (If You Can) by Clicking on the Link Below. Thank You and God Bless!

Comment

As far as centerfire what calibers are recommended? And is bolt action or semi auto preferred?

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post
                    As far as centerfire what calibers are recommended? And is bolt action or semi auto preferred?
                    Most that choose center fire shoot .223/5.56 and semi auto.
                    However the majority shoot 22LR semi auto
                    Please Donate to My Son's Missions Trip (If You Can) by Clicking on the Link Below. Thank You and God Bless!

Comment

I should be available to help with the line and whatever else.

Comment

Count me and the wife in - we are tied at one patch a piece although her score was 2 points higher than mine.
                        Looking forward to seeing you all on the line.
                        You know what kind of people I really don't like?
                        Other people.

Comment

Damn, I'm already signed up for a pistol class in CT for that weekend.
                          "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                          Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                          Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by VietVet View Post

Not really. We’re going to take this one at a pace with that in consideration.
                            Sunday is my recovery day. Without that, I run out of gas at about Tuesday and my body falls apart.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

Sunday is my recovery day. Without that, I run out of gas at about Tuesday and my body falls apart.

Join the club.
                              We’re all tired but that’s part of the experience.

This is going to be run at a pace we’ll be OK at.

No pressure, No rush.

Look at it as a weekend spent with friends at the Range.

Come out, do some shooting and maybe earn you’re Patch.

After this you’ll last till Wednesday👍

President T. Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                              X