Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APPLESEED @ LIPSA - April 21 & 22, 2018 - SOLD OUT!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love to do this, but its always the same story. One event per year, 25 slots, 5,000 members. Unless you're at your computer the minute the registration is announced it's like winning powerball odds. And a lot of the people that do this are repeats...I totally get the fun factor and wanting to get better, but where's the logic? If the whole point is to bring new people into the fold and educate them on the history and proper shooting technique, why not give first timers priority instead of people who have already been through the class? Totally defeating the purpose as I understand it. At the very least, there should be like a 6 hour registration window reserved for first timers and then open it up to repeats if there are still slots open. Just my two cents, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
      Would love to do this, but its always the same story. One event per year, 25 slots, 5,000 members. Unless you're at your computer the minute the registration is announced it's like winning powerball odds. And a lot of the people that do this are repeats...I totally get the fun factor and wanting to get better, but where's the logic? If the whole point is to bring new people into the fold and educate them on the history and proper shooting technique, why not give first timers priority instead of people who have already been through the class? Totally defeating the purpose as I understand it. At the very least, there should be like a 6 hour registration window reserved for first timers and then open it up to repeats if there are still slots open. Just my two cents, of course.
      Last event we had Registration it was open for about two week.
      25 Tickets will be sold and I'll bet tickets will be available to purchase for days or two weeks again.

Follow this thread and you'll get a Ticket.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
      President T. Roosevelt
      OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Originally posted by VietVet View Post

25 Tickets will be sold and I'll bet tickets will be available to purchase for days or two weeks again.

Additionally if you still don't get a ticket there are usually a few people who, as the Appleseed date approaches, realize that they cannot make the event and are looking to sell their ticket. Which would be good for you, plus Rich "loves" when that happens. LOL.

ETA: there is more than 1 event per year. Usually there is 2-3 events per year. April, September or October, and a Winterseed. Just "subscribe" to the Appleseed topic and you will then get notifications whenever anyone posts in this topic.
        Last edited by ChiefSailer; 01-11-2018, 01:36 PM.
        Thank-You-Members-of-LIGC-For-Your-Generosity-Once-Again !!!
        https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...ity-once-again

Comment

if it was important to you, you would follow the thread and know when reg opens. Plus, what Rich and Chief said. And yeah, I know, i'm a dick for being the one to call you out a little on your post.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefSailer View Post
            Just "subscribe" to the Appleseed topic and you will then get notifications whenever anyone posts in this topic.
            I seriously had no idea you could subscribe to an entire topic. Glad I read this. Thx Chief.

NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Join the club.
              We’re all tired but that’s part of the experience.

This is going to be run at a pace we’ll be OK at.

No pressure, No rush.

Look at it as a weekend spent with friends at the Range.

Come out, do some shooting and maybe earn you’re Patch.

After this you’ll last till Wednesday👍
              Maybe if the retirement thing doesn't work out you could try a career in sales! Jus' sayin'. I've got three other people who want to go.

Comment

What kind of distance do you need for "known distance"

I know a guy 😉
                All aboard the Trump train............................................. ....

Comment

Originally posted by FMJ View Post

I know a guy 😉
                  400 yds! 😀

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                  President T. Roosevelt

Comment

Rough lol. Sorry
                    All aboard the Trump train............................................. ....

Comment

Half target sizes @ 200

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
                        Half target sizes @ 200
                        We're actually doing that at our regular distance of 25 meters.
                        Think of the stages of an AQT.
                        Stage 1 is sized to simulate 100 yds.
                        Stage 2 is sized for 200 yds.
                        Stage 3 is sized for 300 yds.
                        Stage 4 is sized for 400 yds.

So you're actually shooting an AQT (Army Qualification Test) "sized" for these distances.

However some of what will have more of an impact on your shot can only be accomplished at "Known Distance".
                        Gravity?
                        Wind?

BUT......I'm always open to running a "Special" event on the 200 yard line if LIPSA will allow it.

A 1 day Shoot with targets sized to compensate.

Originally posted by FMJ View Post

I know a guy 😉
                        Pretty sure you know the "Guy" who could make this happen.

President T. Roosevelt

Comment

I have tried multiple times to get in on one, I wouldn't say it if I didn't experience it. For example, last year's April event if I recall correctly was closed out the same day, didn't see the register post until after the fact. The next event was a one day *only* for people who had already done a previous Appleseed, and the last one I believe was a one day in the dead of Winter, that was my decision, I can't afford bronchitis.

I'll definitely try again for this, but I still feel that if the main point of this is to bring in new shooters, give a window to only new shooters, maybe a pre-registration period or something. To me that's just a common sense suggestion, but if that's just me feel free to disregard. But I will definitely take you and Chief's advice and subscribe to the topic, that's very helpful. Thank you!

Comment

I have tried multiple times to get in on one, I wouldn't say it if I didn't experience it. For example, last year's April event if I recall correctly was closed out the same day, didn't see the register post until after the fact. The next event was a one day *only* for people who had already done a previous Appleseed, and the last one I believe was a one day in the dead of Winter, that was my decision, I can't afford bronchitis.

I'll definitely try again for this, but I still feel that if the main point of this is to bring in new shooters, give a window to only new shooters, maybe a pre-registration period or something. To me that's just a common sense suggestion, but if that's just me feel free to disregard. But I will definitely take you and Chief's advice and subscribe to the topic, that's very helpful. Thank you!
                            Seems you've had some unlucky experiences but I don't know why you're so unlucky.

You're correct on the last April Event being open to only prior Appleseeders.
                            We did this because we were trying out a different method of running the event. We tried moving to different distances in different positions. Because of this we wanted to have the time to do this safely with those who already were familiar with the process.

The Shoot prior to this one was open to ALL who wanted to attend.

I made the first post letting everyone know that we were going to have this shoot in September on JUNE 18th. THREE MONTH PRIOR !

I kept everyone informed when Registration would be opened. Right down to almost the exact hour.

Registration was opened on JUNE 24th.

Registration closed JUNE 29th.

TOTAL OF 6 DAYS to get a ticket.

Before this Shoot even took place some Members put their Tickets up for sale in the Buy/Sell area here on LIGC.
                            You could have grabbed one then too.

"New Shooters" had plenty of time to purchase a Ticket.

Looks to me that selling out too quickly ISN'T your problem.

I'll make it easy for you since you seem to have difficulty with the Registration Process.
                            PM me your info and I'll make sure you get your ticket.

President T. Roosevelt

Comment

Keep in mind, not all returning shooters have qualified. This isn’t a competition. But most feel it’s a goal they’d like to achieve, and strive on to do so by returning.

Comment

Originally posted by UVBNAXED View Post

Keep in mind, not all returning shooters have qualified. This isn’t a competition. But most feel it’s a goal they’d like to achieve, and strive on to do so by returning.
                                Jesus man, well said.

Comment

Working...
                                X