Sling for 10/22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sling for 10/22

I was going to pick up the sling on the appleseed site for my 10/22 but noticed it is 1.25" wide. The swivels on my 10/22 are fixed and 1" wide. Can anyone recommend a decent sling?

I know Blackhawk makes a 1" descent "GI type" sling or you can buy sling swivel adaptors
    A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

I believe you can get a GI sling in 1" width
      "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." ~ John 15:13

"Let him who desires peace prepare for war." ~ Vegetius

Comment

Midway, Natchez, Cabelas all sell 1" slings. Or buy new swivels if you want the wider sling. . Or do what I did one morning of Appleseed when I realized that my new sling was 1.25 and my Ruger swivels were 1". Get a zip tie and attach the two together. Ghetto solution got me through 3 Appleseeds. .

Comment

Appleseed store has the USGI sling and the swivels that fit that sling..

Comment

Thanks for the responses. It looks like the VTAC Original 2 point sling as the Blue Force Vickers 2 point sling are 1".

Comment

Tech-sights sells a 1” wide sling (in cotton or synthetic)

http://www.tech-sights.com/slings/

Comment

How are the swivels 'fixed'? There's almost always a work around.
                NRA Endowment Member
                Caribou R&P Club Range Officer

Comment

The stud is permanently attached to the swivel (i.e. it is not a detachable swivel). That’s how it came from the factory. So I’d have to either replace the studs or cut the swivel off and add a detachable swivel. It’s fine as I found a 1” sling.
                  Last edited by Smallcigar; 02-12-2018, 09:42 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Smallcigar View Post
                    The stud is permanently attached to the swivel (i.e. it is not a detachable swivel). That’s how it came from the factory. So I’d have to either replace the studs or cut the swivel off and add a detachable swivel. It’s fine as I found a 1” sling.
                    Do you mean something like these?

899152.jpg
                    Former LI'er (Smithtown) now Saratoga County since 99
                    NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor/ RSO, Appleseed IIT
                    Member of SCOPE
                    Member Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club and Pine Tree Rifle Club

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                      X