Any Appleseed love in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VietVet View Post
    OK.... Give me a few days to set things up and check with LIPSA to see the availability of the Range. I’m aiming for April 18 & 19. That’s always been our “Anniversary Event”.
    April 19th is the day that the Revolutionary War began.

Stand by all.
    How many people you need to help with setup/breakdown? If the dates are set, I'll definitely help out and bring the kids to help even if they don't shoot. I want to support any shooting event on LI. There are plenty people that can help out, no reason to do all the leg work on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by weinyce View Post

How many people you need to help with setup/breakdown? If the dates are set, I'll definitely help out and bring the kids to help even if they don't shoot. I want to support any shooting event on LI. There are plenty people that can help out, no reason to do all the leg work on your own.
      You said "legwork" to Rich. That's gotta hurt.
      Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by weinyce View Post

How many people you need to help with setup/breakdown?
        As SteveT mentioned breakdown isn’t a problem. Several stay and help with doing that.
        It’s setting up the range the Friday before that’s an issue. Two or three guys/girls would be enough.
        I’ve been doing Appleseeds for over 10 years now and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been promised help just to have to do it by myself. I’m not physically capable of doing that this time. I’m still on crutches.
        We can get this done if a Shoot is really wanted.

LIPSA has already gave us the go.

It comes down to who’s in for Friday. Maybe 2 hours.
        AND I’ll need to check the availability of our IIT’s.

Remember this is a Project Appleseed Event COMPLETELY run by the members of LIGC. 😀

Who wants to APPLESEED?

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
        President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Rich,
          Set the date. Short of a natural disaster I will be there on Friday to set up.

Comment

I’m in for Friday setup.
            "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
            Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
            Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

You can count me in as well for Friday setup and helping out with cleanup, just let me know when and where and I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by Macrosill View Post
                Rich,
                Set the date. Short of a natural disaster I will be there on Friday to set up.
                Great you had to jinx it !!!!!!
                🤷🏻‍♂️
                A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO View Post

Great you had to jinx it !!!!!!
                  🤷🏻‍♂️
                  Well.... I had contacted LIPSA and found out they were more than willing to let us use the Range the weekend of April 18 & 19. I had planned celebrating our annual “Anniversary Shoot” honoring those who gave all on April 19, 1775.

However, we all know what’s going on so that became our “Natural Disaster “.
                  Lets wait and see what happens and hopefully we’ll get a Shoot in ASAP.

I’LL keep all posted.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                  President T. Roosevelt

Comment

I hope we can. I’ve been practicing.
                    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                    Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
                      I hope we can. I’ve been practicing.
                      The middle two targets kneeling are always the hardest for me.
                      I bring home and hang my good targets in the garage, I was looking at them yesterday.
                      I've shot some pretty good scores in the past (my highest 227)..... Not sure I could do that cold today, I need some practice too!
                      NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post

I bring home and hang my good targets in the garage, I was looking at them yesterday.
                        I've shot some pretty good scores in the past (my highest 227)..... Not sure I could do that cold today, I need some practice too!
                        I've got some chocolate chip cookies.
                        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

I've got some chocolate chip cookies.
                          Mmmmmmm I remember those.
                          NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

I bought a bunch of the Appleseed targets and lately I’ve actually started to use them. I’ve only been shooting standing w/o a sling though. The only range I have access to right now allows kneeling and prone but I have to move a partition and frankly I’m lazy. 😂 I really should put the sling on the new .22 I’ve been using.
                            Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Keep in mind on the middle two targets the Sitting Position is the position they are designed for. If you choose to kneel that’s acceptable but maybe try sitting.

President T. Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                              X