No announcement yet.

APPLESEED @ LIPSA 10-15-22 After Action Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m so grateful that Rich and his crew keep holding these Seeds. I haven’t shot one but I know the mission is about much more than just putting rounds downrange. It is truly a commitment to our community and beyond that you do this time and again.
    Thank You and congratulations to all the shooters 👍🇺🇸

Comment

• ChiefSailer
      ChiefSailer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. And we are still eagerly waiting for you to attend one of these events.

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
    I’m so grateful that Rich and his crew keep holding these Seeds. I haven’t shot one but I know the mission is about much more than just putting rounds downrange. It is truly a commitment to our community and beyond that you do this time and again.
    Thank You and congratulations to all the shooters 👍🇺🇸
    You told me you would attend the next event. What Happened?
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

You told me you would attend the next event. What Happened?
      Life can get in the way 🤷‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Life can get in the way 🤷‍♂️
        Of an Appleseed?
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Of an Appleseed?
          I do not recall seeing you at this event. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by UVBNAXED View Post

I do not recall seeing you at this event. 😂
            La La La La La La La!!!!!! I moved to New Hampshire! They don't do Appleseeds here, yet. I can provide housing for transient instructors who might like to plant an apple tree or two within 75 miles of Concord and Lexington.

Comment

• VietVet
              VietVet commented
              Editing a comment
              Why not promote Appleseed and ask them to host events at “Your Range”?
              This way you can attend one.

La La La La La La La!!!!!!!!

• spider
              spider commented
              Editing a comment
              I've promoted it and offered to be on the board. No one seems to understand. They take it for granted.

• spider
              spider commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't even get them to start an on line forum where we can gather at all times of the day or night. They think it's a funny idea.

Out of curiosity I surfed the other forum and found this post I made in March 2011, the start of my Appleseed adventure
            Discussion Starter · #1 · Mar 1, 2011
            So I went to my 1st Appleseed on Sunday 2/27. I did not shoot, I only had a couple hours time but I wanted to check it out in preparation for attending in April.

I pulled up in the lot and was immediately greeted by Matt, aka Big Matt. Right off the bat he offered me a rifle to shoot with for the day. I explained I only had a couple hours and just wanted to observe if that was ok. Matt introduced me to VietVet, Rich iirc. He also offered up if I wanted to shoot. Then I met CharlieHotel, Chris I think. He also offered up a rifle if I wanted to shoot for the day. I then met another IIT but I do not recall his name, I apologize for that. Last but not least I met Dan, kDan I think. He also offered up a rifle if I wanted to shoot.

Man these guys do not know me from a hole in the wall and they all offered me equipment to participate. They were very welcoming. Each one of them took time to welcome me to the seed, tell me about it and explain some courses of fire. They showed me the targets used and gave me one of each. A stranager shows up late on the second day and is pretty much offered everything required to participate!

I saw everyone there getting instruction and assistance from all the ITTs and Trainers. They all got down on the ground with the shooters to give instruction. Overall I was impressed with the amount if patience and assistance given by the ITTs and Trainers to all the shooters. I observed a shooter qualify as a Rifleman. An ITT was running the line for the 1st time. It was great. I received so much info it was almost overwhelming.

I could not have been more impressed. I am excited to attend the April shoot. I look forward to meeting you all again.

Thanks for your warm welcome and making feel like a part of the group. My apologize if I got any names wrong or left anyone out. Thanks,
            Brian​

Comment

Good job to all!!
              I've been shooting 45 years, competitively and recreationally, and Appleseed is one of the best bang-for-your buck shooting events I've ever attended. The combination of top notch instruction, safety without attitude, mix of old and young shooters, emphasis on personal skill development and US history makes for a worthwhile day laying in a sand pit. Its been several years but I'm hoping to get back and shoot another one.
              Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

La La La La La La La!!!!!! I moved to New Hampshire! They don't do Appleseeds here, yet. I can provide housing for transient instructors who might like to plant an apple tree or two within 75 miles of Concord and Lexington.
                that’s funny. LIPSA isn’t “my range” either but I’ll travel the 60 min commute to participate and volunteer my time for free….

Comment

• ChiefSailer
                  ChiefSailer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  44 miles for me to get to LIPSA from Lindenhurst

Can’t we all just get along?

Comment

Working...
              X