Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Interest - LIGC Group LR Rifle Course?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Interest - LIGC Group LR Rifle Course?

This looks like a great couple of days.
    I'd be willing to go embarrass myself.
    Anyone go through this course yet?
    A little bird told me if we could muster a group of, lets say ten folks, probably mid week, we might just be able to get a course this season.
    And get a LIGC "deal".
    And if not this season, it's not too soon to laying the groundwork for next season.
    Long Range Shooting Course, Precision Rifle Training. Students will engage targets out past 1000 yards, Learn Ballistics of Bullet Flight

Yes

Comment

My busy time of year I'll have to pass ... But I wish you all luck , sounds like a lot of fun .
      There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

I'd be down for this depending on the day.

Comment

That's two!

I know a whole lot of you have sweet rifles as I've seen some of them.

Weapons System Requirements
          - Quality Rifle capable of shooting a 1 inch group at 100 yards

- Acceptable calibers - .243, . 6mm, 260, 270, 6.5, 7mm, .308, 30-06 or similar (sorry, no .338 or larger)

- Bolt Action or Semi-Auto AR type platforms allowed
          - Please have your Rifles zeroed at 100 yards
          - Quality Scope with matching reticle and external adjustable turrets preferred - Minimum of 10x

- Minimum of 180 rounds of factory MATCH ammunition (higher the Ballistic Coefficient the better)

Comment

Going myself in August
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
              Going myself in August
              thought someone was taking you
              watch your 6

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
                Going myself in August
                Are you going to be shooting that rifle upside down, as pictured?

Comment

It will depend on when, but I am interested.

Comment

I am also interested depending on when

Comment

Classes like this are run by Project Appleseed. They're know as KD (Known Distance) Shoots. It's a two day class teaching the same basics of long distance shooting.
                      Ballistics, Target Detection, Trajectory, BSO, etc.
                      Actually held at the same location.
                      Total cost $60.00. (Doesn't include Lodging)

Don't mean to pee in your Cheerios but why pay $450.00 when we can put one together for $60.00?

The only reason we don't do this in NY is because we don't have a Range capable of that distance.

We are doing one in New Bremen, NY July 30 & 31, 2016.
                      Max distance on this one is 400 yds.

Here's the link........................

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...locationid=225

Camping on Range is allowed and Motels are nearby.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                      President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Well I actually instruct the class and believe me its not project appleseed. We rent the range and club house and have a trailer full of steel we bring. If you have any questions about what we do or want a course outline please let me know

Comment

• VietVet
                          VietVet commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well.....I actually teach the Project Appleseed Course and I cover the same course of instruction mentioned in your ad.
                          But, to each their own.

When you do put one together for $60 please let me know. Im in 👍🏻

Comment

Here's a link to one that was done earlier this year in PA. Not sure if this one was held at the same range but here's the basic info.
                          This Shoot was set up for "Instructors Only" but we run them for students also.

BTW....for Instructors it's FREE.

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...locationid=108

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                          President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Thats cool. What we do is not an appleseed course in any way. Fundimentals of marksmanship would be the only thing similar. And are important. If you guys want to do an appleseed there Id go, cant get enough training. Then if you want to take more advanced shooting including UKD and a host of other techniques Id be happy to do something.

Comment

Working...
                            X