Custom electronic ear plugs? Should I get them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom electronic ear plugs? Should I get them

I'd like to look into having some made. I'd probably even wear them for some procedures in the office. I already feel like I'm losing some hearing. Would be nice to turn them off when my assistant won't stop yapping too.

Anyone have experience with them? Shooting? Hunting?
    Where should I be looking? Audiologist?

I believe Foosel has a pair. Hopefully he will see this a I have been interested in them as well lately. Not sure if they are custom or not.

My buddy is an audiologist and said he would make me a pair of custom regular earplugs.Will see if he can get/make electronic ones.
    Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post
      I'd like to look into having some made. I'd probably even wear them for some procedures in the office. I already feel like I'm losing some hearing. Would be nice to turn them off when my assistant won't stop yapping too.

Anyone have experience with them? Shooting? Hunting?
      Where should I be looking? Audiologist?
      I haven't tried them. I did try the orange foam plug (33 dB) in my right ear (drill side). But my wife said I would talk too loudly with it in. I switched to an electric high speed and it's been much more quiet. Too bad I didn't switch years ago.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

I haven't tried them. I did try the orange foam plug (33 dB) in my right ear (drill side). But my wife said I would talk too loudly with it in. I switched to an electric high speed and it's been much more quiet. Too bad I didn't switch years ago.
        I find the suction noise kills my left ear too. I swear my assistant finds the loudest position for it.

Comment

I had an ex that had a great position for suction.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
            I had an ex that had a great position for suction.
            That explains why there is no chrome on your trailer hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

That explains why there is no chrome on your trailer hitch.
              And why your garden hose looks like a snake that swallowed an egg.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post

I find the suction noise kills my left ear too. I swear my assistant finds the loudest position for it.
                I get that once on a while. "Get that thing outta my ear!" usually works.
                Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

When I took the class w JJ racaza he mentioned a custom
                  ​​​​​ pair that costs about 1200 bucks but insurance covered it and he only paid 400 bucks. Said it's the best pair he owned. I can find it what model it was.

Comment

I don't have electronic ones, but I do have custom molded plugs. Personally I prefer good quality foam plugs, I think they work better. The only upside to the molded ones to me is when I'm somewhere I need to take them in and out quickly and often. Other than working matches, I seldom use them.

Comment

I use the Peltor TEP 100, awesome

Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

I wear Westone Defend ear2 I had fitting done in Port Jeff. The best piece of gear, most overlooked. We spend big $$$ on guns ammo scopes bipods ect. and pay little attention to the health of our hearing. They are pricey but in the long run anyone can justify the price. With this model you can have a normal conversation and gun shots are only blocked out. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

There was a fellow in Port Jeff. Loosely associated with this or the other site,

also so I have bought dozens of different foam plugs from Amazon, the best seem to be round memory foam plugs. The squeeze very small and expand tight and stay there.Avoid the wax plugs sold in CVS ,as it took a trip to the clinic and a bit of work to extract one.

Comment

I should add, always muffs and plugs together. I wear my Peltor TEP-100s with Howard Leight earmuffs. Combined NRR in the 40-50s. But both are electronic and I can hear a normal conversation just fine.

I used to wear custom fitted earplugs under the muffs but was DQ'd from a match after not hearing the RO. Now I can hear an RO fart.
                            Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by xcentrk View Post
                              I believe Foosel has a pair. Hopefully he will see this a I have been interested in them as well lately. Not sure if they are custom or not.

My buddy is an audiologist and said he would make me a pair of custom regular earplugs.Will see if he can get/make electronic ones.
                              I do have a pair. Sorry for the late response.

I use Ghost Stryke. I have had zero complaints with them. I kind of man handled the part that holds the battery in place and I broke if off. I called the company and they had a replacement part in the mail that day; free of charge. I've been using the same pair for about three years now and they see a lot of use. They just keep working. Just know that the batter life can be a bit on the short side--a few days of intermittent use.

I highly recommend them

https://www.amazon.com/Axil-GhostStr...ing+protection

Comment

Working...
                              X