Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utah Non-Resident class - Jan 17 2018 (via Hunter Sports)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Utah Non-Resident class - Jan 17 2018 (via Hunter Sports)

    An email just came in.

    Figured someone might want to know this.... So I'm passing the message along.

    -----
    "
    Hunter Sports Utah Non-Resident
    Concealed Firearms
    Permit Class


    Wednesday
    January 17, 2018
    6pm-10pm
    Veterans Of Foreign Wars Hall
    191 Veterans Boulevard
    Massapequa, NY 11758
    For Information Or To
    Reserve A Seat, Please Call (516) 799-7923


    Protect yourself and your loved ones when traveling to visit family or to a favorite vacation destination. As a Non-Resident of Utah and Law Abiding Citizen, you may obtain a Concealed Firearms Permit from the State of Utah. The Utah Concealed Firearms Permit (UCFP) allows you to conceal carry in up to 36 states. This permit does NOT allow you to carry in the State of New York.

    Fingerprinting services will be provided on-site.
    During the class, you will also be given the application forms for New Hampshire and Florida Non-Resident pistol permits which will add Pennsylvania and Florida to the states where you can carry.

    This is NOT a live-fire course.
    DO NOT BRING ANY GUNS OR AMMO TO THIS COURSE.

    $125.00 Per Person
    Includes Fingerprinting
    We hope to see you there

    Hunter Sports, Inc.
    4166 Sunrise Highway - Massapequa, NY 11758 - (516) 799-7923 - www.huntersports.com"
    NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

    #2
    It’s a good one to get if you don’t have it already.
    III%

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
      It’s a good one to get if you don’t have it already.
      Agreed. I took it with Foosel a couple of years ago.
      NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

      Comment


        #4
        How long do they take to process it once it is mailed in?
        NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
        NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
        Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

        Comment


          #5
          It says it’s not a live fire course. I know when I took mine we had live fire. I thought Utah required it?
          III%

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
            It says it’s not a live fire course. I know when I took mine we had live fire. I thought Utah required it?
            I don’t believe Utah specifically requires live fire. You may have taken a course that would satisfy multiple states I think Florida does.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
              It says it’s not a live fire course. I know when I took mine we had live fire. I thought Utah required it?
              No.

              Pitbull428 is correct.... Florida requires it, which is why Foosel adds the live fire element.
              NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

              Comment


                #8
                Lots of Utah classes roll in the live fire to cover Florida.

                Anyone else going to Utah next week to sit for the Utah Instructors Certificate?
                Last edited by Huntington Guy; 01-12-2018, 09:12 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Pitbull428 View Post
                  I don’t believe Utah specifically requires live fire. You may have taken a course that would satisfy multiple states I think Florida does.
                  That would be why then. I did the class for both.
                  III%

                  Comment


                    #10
                    SteveT thanks for posting. I'm signed up for next week.

                    But let me ask something. With this class, I get Utah but since there's no live fire, not Florida, correct ? So if I want Florida I have to take this over again including live fire ?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Synner View Post
                      How long do they take to process it once it is mailed in?
                      I think mine came six weeks to the day that I mailed it. Kinda fun to pull into the rest stop in W Viirginia on 81 and arm youself. I carried the whole time I was visiting NC.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
                        SteveT thanks for posting. I'm signed up for next week.

                        But let me ask something. With this class, I get Utah but since there's no live fire, not Florida, correct ? So if I want Florida I have to take this over again including live fire ?
                        Florida may take NRA Basic Pistol also.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Pat M View Post

                          Florida may take NRA Basic Pistol also.
                          ^^^ That

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X