LATE ADD ON: Practical Pistol Skills 1 - 4/28 - Westhampton Beach, NY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LATE ADD ON: Practical Pistol Skills 1 - 4/28 - Westhampton Beach, NY

All, we had a day open up on 4/28 out at Westhampton Beach so I put a PPS1 class up.

See link below, please spread the word.

Thanks,

Chris

Practical Pistol Skills1 is for current owners as well as those looking for the next step in handgun training once a handgun permit has been secured.

Just how newbie-ish is this class? Imagine a person who just got a pistol license who doesn't know much about pistols at all. Would this still be appropriate for them?

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind View Post
      Just how newbie-ish is this class? Imagine a person who just got a pistol license who doesn't know much about pistols at all. Would this still be appropriate for them?
      I have taken mdts pistol 1. You need a pretty good foundation of how a pistol works and some good experience shooting etc. If you're too green then this class may not be for you. If you've been shooting regularly (weekly) for a few months and maybe have taken a private lesson or two. Then you'd enjoy this class. This is just my.opinion btw.
      Please Donate to My Son's Missions Trip (If You Can) by Clicking on the Link Below. Thank You and God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind View Post
        We get people who just got their first pistol and people who have been shooting for 20 yrs. Yesterday I had a guy in PPS1 who had never shot a gun before. It’s really up to you Snowblind, we will do our best to provide you with the mindset and mechanics of owning, shooting and defending yourself with your pistol.

Comment

Chris, I was going over the equipment list and it mentions a strong side holster. I have an Alien Gear cloak tuck 3 IWB. Do you recommend training with this holster or do you recommend one that sits on the outside of the waistband?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisFry View Post

We get people who just got their first pistol and people who have been shooting for 20 yrs. Yesterday I had a guy in PPS1 who had never shot a gun before. It’s really up to you Snowblind, we will do our best to provide you with the mindset and mechanics of owning, shooting and defending yourself with your pistol.
            Thanks, I know it would be ok for me, but for my mom who just got her license I'm thinking she better do the NRA beginner class instead.

Comment

Originally posted by imrich View Post
              Chris, I was going over the equipment list and it mentions a strong side holster. I have an Alien Gear cloak tuck 3 IWB. Do you recommend training with this holster or do you recommend one that sits on the outside of the waistband?
              That works imrich

Comment

Was originally planning to wait until this popped up closer to me at the Nassau Range. Will the course be similar even though it's at LIPSA?

Comment

Highly recommended, excellent class.
                  NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post
                    Highly recommended, excellent class.
                    I just signed up. Anyone else want to take this?

Comment

I agree with SteveT ... this is a really good course to take... looking forward to taking PPS2, PPS3, and all of the other MDTS offerings down the road.

This course is worthwhile even for those that have taken other courses... I don't think you can ever get enough training.

Comment

A friend & I just signed up. My wife & her friend took it a few weeks ago & are still raving about how good it was.
                        NRA Life member

Comment

I Try to take pps1 once a year along with a few other MDTS training classes. If you don’t train and practice regularly , the skills developed are very perishable.
                          Last edited by GoodGuywithGuns; 03-12-2018, 06:39 AM.
                          NRA MEMBER-NRA RSO-NYSRPA
                          FREEPORT R&R
                          NY CCW - FLORIDA CCW - UTAH CCW - PA CCW
                          APPLESEED RIFLEMAN
                          2015 PISTOL CHAMPION FROM THAT OTHER L.I. GUN FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post
                            Was originally planning to wait until this popped up closer to me at the Nassau Range. Will the course be similar even though it's at LIPSA?
                            Yes. I’ve done pistol 1 at both LIPSA and Nassau. Same overall material regardless of location, with a couple of small tweaks.

I actually prefer it outdoors.
                            NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post

I just signed up. Anyone else want to take this?
                              just signed up.

NRA MEMBER-NRA RSO-NYSRPA
                              FREEPORT R&R
                              NY CCW - FLORIDA CCW - UTAH CCW - PA CCW
                              APPLESEED RIFLEMAN
                              2015 PISTOL CHAMPION FROM THAT OTHER L.I. GUN FORUM

Comment

Working...
                              X