LATE ADD ON: Practical Pistol Skills 1 - 4/28 - Westhampton Beach, NY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post
    Was originally planning to wait until this popped up closer to me at the Nassau Range. Will the course be similar even though it's at LIPSA?
    Same class and like Steve said a few modifications for outdoors

Comment

I'm confirmed.

Comment

Anyone got suggestions on caliber or full size vs compact pistols? I don't want to be that guy who shows up with the wrong shit. Maybe I'll have an excuse to buy something new for this.
        NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
          Anyone got suggestions on caliber or full size vs compact pistols? I don't want to be that guy who shows up with the wrong shit. Maybe I'll have an excuse to buy something new for this.
          My 2c here..... I suggest you take whatever you plan to defend yourself with (or whatever you routinely carry). Take your bedside handgun gun, regardless of its caliber or size.

If at the end of the training you realize you have the wrong bedside gun then that's an important lesson learned.
          NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
            What Steve said is appropriate. Bring what you would normally use for carry or home defense, along with the holster and any gear you would normally use. You will find out VERY quickly what you like and what you don't like, which can be a good foundation for more informed purchases going forward. You'll also see what works and what doesn't for other people and why, so some of the learning curve is taken away when you learn from other people's successes and failures
            -Rob
            NRA CRSO
            NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
            NRA Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Affiliated with:
            MDTS training
            www.MDTStraining.com
            &
            Fortress Consulting Group LLC.
            www.fortressedge.net

https://www.instagram.com/robepifania/

Comment