Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/25/2020 Mitchel Field Classes - AM Skills & Drills & PM Comp. skills First classes for 2020 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/25/2020 Mitchel Field Classes - AM Skills & Drills & PM Comp. skills First classes for 2020 :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! It's now time to CRUSH 2020 . My next classes have been set up and will be in the same format and location as December's classes. I am also planning out my competition and training schedule so that I can set up Feb, March, and April's classes as well!! Relevant information below I will take 12 max for the AM and 10 max for the PM!

Morning class will be Skills and Drills. Afternoon will be Competition Fundamentals. If you haven't taken a class with me or shot a match yet, you should do skills and drills first. If you're looking to apply some of the knowledge to more competition specific drills, the afternoon is a lot of fun and puts things in perspective very well!

Here are the relevant details:

Date: 1/25/2019 9am-1PM - Skills And Drills
    Location: Mitchel Field Rifle and Pistol Range - 1 Charles Lindbergh Blvd, Uniondale, NY 11553
    Cost: $100 per person per session (paid via paypal, venmo, cash, or check)
    Round count: 400 rounds minimum
    Equipment: Pistol, Holster, 3 mags minimum (more is always better lol), a place to store the mags (pockets are fine, but pouches are better)

There are writeups and reviews on this forum, but some of the things we go through during the workshop are:

- Presenting the gun with the sights aligned quickly and efficiently

- Acclimation to recoil impulse and overcoming the flinch response.

- Precision and high speed application of precision

- High speed mental processing

- Recoil control and how to shoot VERY fast while maintaining good accuracy

- Drawstroke refinement and building a high speed drawstroke

1PM-5PM - Competition Fundamentals

Cost: $100 per person per session (paid via paypal, venmo, cash, or check)
    Round count: 3-400 rounds (bring more if you can)
    Equipment: Pistol, Holster, 5 mags minimum (more is always better lol), a place to store the mags (pouches will be highly recommended and beneficial)

Some of the things we go through during the workshop are:

- a dryfire warmup that will give you something to work on at home, and can be a GREAT match day warmup so you don't go into shooting your first stage feeling cold.

- A breakdown of the reload, to ensure that you can break things down individually in practice, and put it all together quickly and efficiently.

- Learning just how MUCH or LITTLE you need to see to get the results you want on targets of varying difficulty.

- Accuracy at practical speeds.

- Recoil control and grip diagnosis using drills designed to PUSH yourself to BREAK and find ways to FIX it.

- Transition exercises to help you learn to truly understand target transitions, and be able to smoothly and precisely transition so you can shoot SOONER.

- Movement skills that will begin to teach you the fundamental concepts of movement and moving and shooting.

As always, these workshops are heavy on shooting, and lecture only focuses on the things necessary to facilitate and improve that shooting performance. Everyone will get a lot of individual attention as we make the performance shooting principles work for YOU.

For you to be eligible for the competition fundamentals class, I would like to have had you in one of my other classes prior to this OR for you to have had prior match experience. If I do not know you or haven't shot with you before, please send me a link to your latest match results so that I can verify you have competed at least once. Thanks guys!! If you have any questions please let me know. Hope to see a bunch of you on the 25th for a great day!! .
    -Rob Epifania
    NRA CRSO
    NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In The Home Instructor'
    NROI Range Officer

Owner - Systematic Performance Concepts Inc.

Affiliated with:
    MDTS training
    www.MDTStraining.com
    &
    Fortress Consulting Group LLC.
    www.fortressedge.net

https://www.instagram.com/robepifania/

Weekend update - Afternoon has 2 spots left, and morning is half full!!

I will also be able to accept CC payments very soon, likely by this class
    -Rob Epifania
    NRA CRSO
    NROI Range Officer

Affiliated with:
    MDTS training
    www.MDTStraining.com
    &
    www.fortressedge.net

Comment

All full everyone A waitlist has been started. If any of you would like to be put on the wait list let me know!!
      -Rob Epifania
      NRA CRSO
      NROI Range Officer

Affiliated with:
      MDTS training
      www.MDTStraining.com
      &
      www.fortressedge.net

Comment

Working...
      X