Dry fire pistol training systems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry fire pistol training systems.

Does anyone use them? Recommendations for one? I'm just looking into alternatives for practice. Thanks again

I was giving serious thought to the Mantis X system but its pricey. I unfortunately haven’t tried one yet. YT has a lot of videos on it. It can be connected to your iPhone to see and analyze your draw speed, splits and muzzle movement when firing. The base system isn’t that pricey at approximately $150 but the add-ons i want push it to over $200

https://youtu.be/ZKZz0iJAhkg
    Last edited by ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO; 06-11-2021, 06:46 AM.
    A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

This one should be available soon and at $99 bucks may be worth a shot. I have an old smart phone wonder if it would work with that instead on my current phone.

https://www.strikeman.io/products/shop
      stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

itarget pro system seems to be pretty popular. What I do not like about the mantis x system is eliminates your ability to dry fire draws from the holster
        Life Member:
        American Suppressor Association
        Gun Owners of America
        Second Amendment Foundation
        National Rifle Association

Comment

Originally posted by ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO View Post
        I was giving serious thought to the Mantis X system but its pricey. I unfortunately haven’t tried one yet. YT has a lot of videos on it. It can be connected to your iPhone to see and analyze your draw speed, splits and muzzle movement when firing. The base system isn’t that pricey at approximately $150 but the add-ons i want push it to over $200

https://youtu.be/ZKZz0iJAhkg
        Oh man is that tempting. This is almost EXACTLY what I've been wanting for decades, but never could afford a system that does it all. I've seen lots of laser target systems that tell you where the shot landed, but nothing affordable that tells you what the muzzle was doing before and after the time of the trigger pull. Heck, it looks like you could strap one of these to a Nerf dart gun and improve your shooting skills. I'm really thinking about putting it on an air pistol, since I doubt it has the sensitivity to be useful with my target rifles.

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
        itarget pro system seems to be pretty popular. What I do not like about the mantis x system is eliminates your ability to dry fire draws from the holster
        See, and that, like every other typical laser system out there has no interest for me. I really don't care about my "on-target performance". Muzzle trace is a direct method of training muscle memory and good form. Target score is indirect, which makes it infinitely less useful for training purposes.
        Last edited by rlitman; 06-11-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
          ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO commented
          Editing a comment
          You would still need a discernible trigger pull on whatever you decide to mount it to

030FFD63-942E-4E5B-8B4C-608E5505028B.jpeg I have the mantis x10 elite. It’s great

Comment

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
          ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO commented
          Editing a comment
          See, Thats what i want. How much did you get it for? And where?

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
        I dry fire from a holster. I use a magazine adaptor. 2BC63482-E380-4447-A9E3-A60035321812.jpeg
        Last edited by Citypaul1; 06-11-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Mrprovy
          Mrprovy commented
          Editing a comment
          😎

I too have the MantisX Elite and have been using it on my Walther Q4 SF for several almost six months. If anyone would like to meet for a road test, please let me know and I will make mine available for fellow members.

I find this system very useful and have improved my pistol skill set considerably since my purchase.

Regards -------------

Comment

I was thinking about getting an airsoft 1911. I figure even shooting cans in the backyard or basement be an improvement and also fun. Also for practicing Quick Draw.
          Comments?
          Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbrush art View Post
            This one should be available soon and at $99 bucks may be worth a shot. I have an old smart phone wonder if it would work with that instead on my current phone.

https://www.strikeman.io/products/shop
            I have something similar. I think it is called Lazer Lyte? At any rate it's a PITA because you have to rack the slide every shot. The SIRT laser guns, are much better in that respect.
            "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
            Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
            Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Good collaboration on systems here, helping the Op make a better decision. That Mantis 10x is the direction I’m heading in
              A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

I use a pink rhino and aim at random stuff around my house lol. Whole point of dry fire is to keep the laser consistent. The recoil and normal bullet paths aren't there.

Dont need a digital target telling me my groups are good. If I land 50 laser shots on my door knob from 15 yards away, i know the groups are good.
                Last edited by -vanguard-; 06-11-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• rlitman
                  rlitman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Recoil is for the most part immaterial, because it only sets in after the bullet has left the muzzle. That's the whole point of this. It's the little perturbations during trigger pull that make the biggest difference in your accuracy that you can fix via training.

I guess I'm the exception on this. I just use SnapCaps. Going through the loading, unloading to keep up the muscle memory. Trigger squeeze and using whatever sights I've got is the rest of it.
                Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I have MantisX x which is cool, and cool fire as well. Cool fire tracks your shots as a digital target and has a co2 filled barrel that simulates recoil

on my M&r pro it’s like 9mm light.

https://youtu.be/z3S7Yq-txAQ

High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Working...
                  X