+1 CGT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 CGT

In the interest of full disclosure I have mentioned here on LIGC that several years ago I did not have a positive experience at CGT and therefore have not been there since. I have found a happy home at Campsite and will certainly remain there to be forced to buy more toys by Paul. That said, I have to give credit where credit is due and say that my transaction today was easy and smooth for both myself and my uncle. My uncle was buying a new S&W and I was buying a Beretta 21A (Bobcat in .22) from him. Buy isn't the word since he basically gave it to me. My uncle is a retired NYPD Sgt and retired from US Customs living in NYC. John at CGT explained the tortuous NYC process to my uncle in detail so that he would not have any issues when returning to 1 Police Plaza tomorrow. John was thorough, patient, and very helpful.
    P.S. Can you fucking believe that my uncle needed written permission from the NYPD licensing division to SELL an existing weapon? WTF? So in addition to a purchase authorization he needed an authorization to sell. Fucking communist bastards.

If the pistol was issued to your uncle, doesn't that make it NYPD property? If he paid for it, NYPD should mind their own business.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
      If the pistol was issued to your uncle, doesn't that make it NYPD property? If he paid for it, NYPD should mind their own business.
      This was a personal weapon and although you are 100% correct that it is none of their business the proletariat of NYC says differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffen1974 View Post

This was a personal weapon and although you are 100% correct that it is none of their business the proletariat of NYC says differently.
        What sort of BS reasoning did they give? Did your uncle buy it through NYPD or on his own?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

What sort of BS reasoning did they give? Did your uncle buy it through NYPD or on his own?
          A handgun on a NYC license needs a pre-approval before it can be removed. Without it the license can be pulled.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTime View Post

A handgun on a NYC license needs a pre-approval before it can be removed. Without it the license can be pulled.
              More ridiculous than having to get a co-op board's approval when selling your apartment.

Comment

New York, New York, it’s a hell of a town...

Comment

Back on track, glad to here the good news about CGT...........

Comment

Two new guys named John there. Both are good people.

Comment

Originally posted by 67Builder View Post
                      Two new guys named John there. Both are good people.
                      I’m the non-bearded John. We often gripe about our process here in Nassau and Suffolk, the City has it worse tenfold (we all know this), so let’s count our blessings for what little slack we have. We have retired NYPD MOS come in frequently looking to pick up something for recreational use, or a compact/subcompact for carry. They still have to wait for the purchase document, and do the running back and forth, etc. Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated, since this is my first time working in the retail realm. While it’s A LOT to learn, it’s definitely a welcomed challenge to work with people that share the same interests, and in the firearm field. I’ll relay the comment to non-tattooed John, he’ll appreciate it.

Comment

Enjoy your new 21, they're well made, fun little pistols. I have the wood grips on mine, makes it a little better fitting in the palm with a bit of sacrifice in conceal-ability, still disappears in a pocket though. They prefer hotter rounds. Mine gets a steady diet of CCI stingers and reliable as all get out. For a mouse gun they're hard to beat.
                        "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTime View Post

Thats what I was told too by the NYPD license bureau even though I live in nassau the NYPD permit is just an endorsement of my Nassau license and if i sell any esp the two that they only let you have you have to let them know....I also heard trying to change one or both on their license you have to request that and it is up to them..

Comment

Working...
                          X