Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for 782 Custom

782 Custom 782Guns

​​​​​​​This past Saturday I went down to see Doug at 782 Custom Gunworks in Bohemia.

We all know Doug from Campsite.... I wanted to congratulate him on the new store and see how things were going.

I also took an item in for some gunsmithing and planned buy a new firearm, so two pieces of business..... Figured I'd see how it went.

Here are my thoughts:

Great local gun store! New, barely open, fairly small but a surprisingly large variety of ammo, firearms, rear bags, stocks, barrels.
    I'm seeing specific items on the shelves that I've never seen before such as high end bipods etc. Good variety.
    Nice to see they're stocking one-piece cleaning rods (Dewey?) - I love those.
    I'm not a reloader but I see reloading supplies, powders, primers and brass.
    I also see some nice long range guns on the wall, and price tags reflecting CC or cash pricing. Nice.
    Shotguns? Yes.
    Handguns? Yes.
    No rush or pressure to buy. Friendly banter (as always). A fun place to hang out for a half hour and talk guns.

Anyway, back to my two items:

a) The gunsmithing work was done quickly and inexpensively, they were incredibly helpful. No drama. They saved my ass on something and it didn't cost me an arm or a leg. Its back home now. Done!
    b) The firearm pricing (new item, not used) was excellent, really excellent.... I mean, REALLY excellent. Item was ordered and arrived in 3 days.

Doug gave me a call and I ran the PLB shuffle this afternoon. It's 20mins from the suffolk PLB to the 782 Custom door. That's a bonus for sure.

In short, I got excellent service that was faster than anticipated, excellent pricing and a good/friendly conversation about guns!

​​​​​​​5 Stars for sure.
    NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Nice review Steve. Another one in the positive column for us on LI.

Comment

Im gong to be rebarreling my tikka soon and I think I am going to discuss the work with them. Always liked doug and wish them all the success.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post
        782 Custom 782Guns

This past Saturday I went down to see Doug at 782 Custom Gunworks in Bohemia.

We all know Doug from Campsite.... I wanted to congratulate him on the new store and see how things were going.

I also took an item in for some gunsmithing and planned buy a new firearm, so two pieces of business..... Figured I'd see how it went.

Here are my thoughts:

Great local gun store! New, barely open, fairly small but a surprisingly large variety of ammo, firearms, rear bags, stocks, barrels.
        I'm seeing specific items on the shelves that I've never seen before such as high end bipods etc. Good variety.
        Nice to see they're stocking one-piece cleaning rods (Dewey?) - I love those.
        I'm not a reloader but I see reloading supplies, powders, primers and brass.
        I also see some nice long range guns on the wall, and price tags reflecting CC or cash pricing. Nice.
        Shotguns? Yes.
        Handguns? Yes.
        No rush or pressure to buy. Friendly banter (as always). A fun place to hang out for a half hour and talk guns.

Anyway, back to my two items:

a) The gunsmithing work was done quickly and inexpensively, they were incredibly helpful. No drama. They saved my ass on something and it didn't cost me an arm or a leg. Its back home now. Done!
        b) The firearm pricing (new item, not used) was excellent, really excellent.... I mean, REALLY excellent. Item was ordered and arrived in 3 days.

Doug gave me a call and I ran the PLB shuffle this afternoon. It's 20mins from the suffolk PLB to the 782 Custom door. That's a bonus for sure.

In short, I got excellent service that was faster than anticipated, excellent pricing and a good/friendly conversation about guns!

​​​​​​​5 Stars for sure.
        Glad we could help & thank you for sharing your positive experience!!!
        782 Custom Gunworks LTD
        1545A2 Ocean Ave
        Bohemia, NY 11716
        486-8116

www.782guns.com
        Instagram @782customgunworks
        Facebook 782guns

Open 10AM-7PM Tuesday-Saturday! Closed Sunday and Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
          Im gong to be rebarreling my tikka soon and I think I am going to discuss the work with them. Always liked doug and wish them all the success.
          We are dialed in on the T3/T3X barrel jobs...
          782 Custom Gunworks LTD
          1545A2 Ocean Ave
          Bohemia, NY 11716
          486-8116

www.782guns.com
          Facebook 782guns

Comment

Great to hear.
            SteveT So what did you pick up?

Comment

I had a Beretta shotgun shipped to them and picked it up on Wednesday. Doug took care of me no problems.

Im going to discuss a rifle project with him in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 782 Custom View Post

We are dialed in on the T3/T3X barrel jobs...
                Good to hear. I’ll be in soon to discuss. I already have a proof blank.

Comment

Good to hear. I’ll be in soon to discuss. I already have a proof blank.
                  You have to make sure it’ll fit a t3/3x. Typically we cut rem var or med Palma shanks down to match the diameter of the front of the receiver. The proof carbon fiber blanks are normally 1.22-1.25 at the shank. This means you have to hog off the front of the receiver where the radius is. If it’s a proof stainless blank you just turn it down.
                  782 Custom Gunworks LTD
                  1545A2 Ocean Ave
                  Bohemia, NY 11716
                  486-8116

www.782guns.com
                  Facebook 782guns

Comment

ljMCXYa.jpg9ZAHpsz.jpg
                    Bill and Doug are great guys. Gunsmithing is top notch. Bill did the ball cuts and rear sight cuts on these for me. Came out perfect. Highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebill View Post
                      ljMCXYa.jpg9ZAHpsz.jpg
                      Bill and Doug are great guys. Gunsmithing is top notch. Bill did the ball cuts and rear sight cuts on these for me. Came out perfect. Highly recommend.
                      Thank you!
                      782 Custom Gunworks LTD
                      1545A2 Ocean Ave
                      Bohemia, NY 11716
                      486-8116

www.782guns.com
                      Facebook 782guns

Comment

Originally posted by 782 Custom View Post

You have to make sure it’ll fit a t3/3x. Typically we cut rem var or med Palma shanks down to match the diameter of the front of the receiver. The proof carbon fiber blanks are normally 1.22-1.25 at the shank. This means you have to hog off the front of the receiver where the radius is. If it’s a proof stainless blank you just turn it down.
                        It’s a stainless steel proof blank m24 contour. Gentlemen at Proof said it should fit my t3x Tac A1 no problem.

Comment

It’s a stainless steel proof blank m24 contour. Gentlemen at Proof said it should fit my t3x Tac A1 no problem.
                          Measure the front of your receiver and the shank of the barrel. You’ll see what I mean. It’ll work just takes some doin...
                          Last edited by 782 Custom; 09-13-2018, 10:34 PM.
                          782 Custom Gunworks LTD
                          1545A2 Ocean Ave
                          Bohemia, NY 11716
                          486-8116

www.782guns.com
                          Facebook 782guns

Comment

Originally posted by Mike103 View Post
                            I had a Beretta shotgun shipped to them and picked it up on Wednesday. Doug took care of me no problems.

Im going to discuss a rifle project with him in the future.
                            Thank you Mike.

Good seeing you again.

-Doug

Comment

Working...
                            X