Chester's Ronkonkoma MIA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

So far, two with spurs were good to go, no questions, nor technicalities mentioned or discussed.
    They should be worried about the future knock at 0530. If they look out and see 5 armored vehicles and 35 swat members, Karen better start flushing fast.

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post

If you bought anything from Chesters bury it deep in your back yard or take it for a boat ride and pull the plug
      just 1 but nothing scary lol
      Last edited by Dank27; 03-14-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post

They should be worried about the future knock at 0530. If they look out and see 5 armored vehicles and 35 swat members, Karen better start flushing fast.
        Nice Goodfella's reference. +1 for you.

Comment

So far, two with spurs were good to go, no questions, nor technicalities mentioned or discussed.
          If you’re showing the lower without an upper it wouldn’t matter what’s on it. A lower with a pistol grip and collapsible stock could be attached to a pump action or bolt action upper for all they know. It should warrant no further inquiries unless you’re a yappy jaberjaw.
          When they kick out your front door
          How you gonna come?
          With your hands on your head
          Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Nice Goodfella's reference. +1 for you.
            KAREN!!! We needed that lower!!!!

Comment

Better leave your rifle out on the front steps just to be safe. A new front door is expensive.
              John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
                Better leave your rifle out on the front steps just to be safe. A new front door is expensive.
                Hahahahaha I don't know but I lost it

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm66 View Post

If you’re showing the lower without an upper it wouldn’t matter what’s on it. A lower with a pistol grip and collapsible stock could be attached to a pump action or bolt action upper for all they know. It should warrant no further inquiries unless you’re a yappy jaberjaw.
                  If they're coming to inspect a purchased stripped lower, that is what they want to see(although they do ask about the upper if the lower is not stripped when they see it). If they're coming to inspect a purchased complete rifle, they want to see the whole complete rifle, because that is how it was bought. Just going by what I have knowledge of, nothing more. Luckily, I have no skin in this fiasco, but friends of mine are. Ymmv

Comment

If the complete rifle was NY SAFE legal, the purchase was legal. You only need the NY Dealers license to sell ASSAULT WEAPONS (and handguns of course).

Comment

He modified them from how they were originally manufactured/shipped out from the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm66 View Post

As I said a few pages back. A lower cannot be non-compliant or deemed an assault weapon without a semi-auto upper. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean they can't jam you up anyway.

He modified them from how they were originally manufactured/shipped out from the manufacturer.
                        How so? Fact or hearsay?
                        No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
                        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

As I said a few pages back. A lower cannot be non-compliant or deemed an assault weapon without a semi-auto upper. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean they can't jam you up anyway.

How so? Fact or hearsay?

Ok, first things first, nobody said anything about compliance for stripped lowers. We all know a stripped lower is just an "other". Think we're all on the same page for that one.

So far they are just verifying by serial #'s, that they are with the original purchaser of record from his logbook. (Or not) If you show them the lower assembled, they have asked questions concerning the rest of the rifle/upper. Is it registered? Is it compliant? Etc

As for the "sold-as" complete rifle issue of being modified/converted in-house between him and sale to customer, that has to be fact. Plus, if you look at the requirements to possess a NYS dealers license, it is required for all sales (within NYS) of Pistols, Assault rifles, and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. If the rifle in question arrived to him fully compliant already, his FFL should cover him for the retail sales. Otherwise, he can only receive and then ship out of state again, that's all. Nothing out the door.

In my very best recollection, Ruger never sold/shipped an AR556 rifle from the factory with a Spur grip afaik. The one mdl that they did sell as being NY, NJ, MD, MA "compliant", had a pistol grip, non adjustable stock, 10rd mag, and no threads on the barrel. The PG was still a nogo in Newyorkiztan. They went out the door from Chesters with a Spur grip. The mdl in question is the 8502.

But of course, as you stated, "They can still jam you up anyway". Living in the "gray" area totally blows as we all know and hate, and this we can ALL agree on.

So, has anybody else heard of anything different? Can any FFL's back this up? Or have any corrections?

Comment

That sounds like it would be a Federal "manufacturing" issue. Not a local issue.
                            Probably why Jerrys got a Class 7 FFL. So he can legally make that mod.
                            That is just my conjecture, not a statement of fact.

Comment

So the state police were at my house checking the stuff I bought from Chesters. The two lowers is what they only wanted to see. Since They weren't built, I was able to bring them out and show him the lowers and the serial numbers. He took pics and was on his way. Very nice though, after he was done we were chatting for about 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade21 View Post
                                So the state police were at my house checking the stuff I bought from Chesters. The two lowers is what they only wanted to see. Since They weren't built, I was able to bring them out and show him the lowers and the serial numbers. He took pics and was on his way. Very nice though, after he was done we were chatting for about 5 minutes.
                                Did they have anything interesting to say?

Comment

Working...
                                X