• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glenn B View Post

Give the source please, I'd like to read up on it
    https://www.democratandchronicle.com...on/3831083002/

https://www.weny.com/story/41130372/...flats-location

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
      Their CEO made a decision, he calls it a business decision, I call it cowardice and a slap in the face of law abiding Americans, but whatever. Going back to the Troy nonsense when they lied to and screwed thousands of gun owners, maintained their perp walk for law abiding customers, harassed gun owners making simple ammunition purchases and their political foot stomping whenever there was a high profile shooting.
      I didn’t shop at Hermans or Service Merchandise to hear them pontificate. I don’t shop at Camp Site or 782 or Karps because they force feed me their political views or religious rantings.
      Dicks made a very calculated decision to say FU to gun owners, I am very content to say FU in return.

I hope Sportsman Warehouse comes to LI and I hope it happens soon.
      Every dollar spent is a vote.

Comment

So shouldn't the headline be bye bye Field and Stream? Dicks isn't going anywhere, Field and Stream is being sold off. Or at least some of them? There's one in Huntington, wonder what'll happen with that one now.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
          So shouldn't the headline be bye bye Field and Stream? Dicks isn't going anywhere, Field and Stream is being sold off. Or at least some of them? There's one in Huntington, wonder what'll happen with that one now.
          Potatoe potato. F&S is owned by Dicks, I see them as one and the same. I think their move to expand F&S was actually in part to distance that end of the business from the Dick’s brand because they’d pissed off so many people and thought it would serve as a buffer to the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Potatoe potato. F&S is owned by Dicks, I see them as one and the same. I think their move to expand F&S was actually in part to distance that end of the business from the Dick’s brand because they’d pissed off so many people and thought it would serve as a buffer to the truth.
            Yet they share the same cashiers when co-located LOL !

Comment

Not for nothing, now that our esteemed Governor required Amazon, Ebay, and many others to charge NYS sales tax on internet sales unless you find some kind of incredible deal it isn't worth ordering as much online. Like it or not, F&S did have some good stuff on hand vis-vee fishing and hunting items.
              I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
              I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Thanks. I am surprised that they would go for the store in Horseheads, NY; I just would not think that would be the greatest of markets but then again I suppose they did their homework. With a little luck, they will do well and either buy the store in Farmingdale or open one of their own stores there in a new location not related to Dick's.
                Retired and loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post
                  Didn’t they also donate money to MOTHERS THAT SUCK ?
                  Hell, I’d donate to Mothers that Suck!
                  NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                  NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                  Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post

Hell, I’d donate to Mothers that Suck!
                    They suck in the bad way
                    "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

They suck in the bad way
                      Ohhhhhh so it’s not that... they.... errr nevermind.
                      NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                      NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                      Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

A Dick by any other name is still a dick.

Comment

Didn’t they also donate money to MOTHERS THAT SUCK ?
                          I wish I knew one of those "Mothers that Suck" but that's a topic for another discussion.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, Dick*s went out of business when Oh Uncle Paul didn't get his Troy AR !!

And I've never stepped back in there since.

Oh and by the way ... WalMart died too !!

Comment

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...zlvaacv60WkqPM

Comment

Working...
                              X