SKS Barrel Integrity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKS Barrel Integrity

I have an SKS barrel that has a channel in it caused by a hacksaw. See attached photos.

Is the barrel at risk of failure?

Can/should it be spot welded?

Should I just get a new barrel?

Scotch tape?
    Attached Files

Hack saw grove on a rifle barrel ... Skip scotch tape and go straight to duct tape p
    There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

Pretty smooth for a hacksaw cut. Looks more like a place for a retaining pin.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Where is that on the barrel? The highest pressures are by the chamber but if that's past the gas port towards the muzzle, I'd forget about it.
        Hunter, NRA Life Member, NYS Deplorable

🚄TrumpTrain2016🇺🇸.🇺🇸.🇺🇸

Pro Political Term Limits
        Anti High Capacity Mag Limits
        Fuck Andrew Cuomo's Suck my Ass Act

Comment

As mentioned above, looks like a groove for a retaining pin. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
            Pretty smooth for a hacksaw cut. Looks more like a place for a retaining pin.
            I hope you and SlowTime are right because I would feel a lot less stupid because I thought I inadvertently did it while converting the rifle to a Shernic Gun Works bullpup.

http://sgworks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NYDeer View Post
              Where is that on the barrel? The highest pressures are by the chamber but if that's past the gas port towards the muzzle, I'd forget about it.
              The bulbous thing to the left of the channel is the grenade launcher located at the end of the muzzle.

Comment

image_1089.jpeg
                Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post

I hope you and SlowTime are right because I would feel a lot less stupid because I thought I inadvertently did it while converting the rifle to a Shernic Gun Works bullpup.

http://sgworks.com/
                Check out this picture of a Yugo AK
                barrel. Looks familiar?
                Last edited by Barnslayer; 05-06-2016, 08:28 PM.
                Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

The attached photo is not mine. Mine looks the same except that I removed the bayonet lug. Also, the below does not have the grenade attachment.

Do you think the channel was a retaining pin for the bayonet lug?

P.S.

Mine also does not have a removable magazine and thus is "SAFE".

SKS Bullpup.jpg ?
                  Last edited by SimpleMan; 05-06-2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n12266[/ATTACH]

Check out this picture of a Yugo AK
                    barrel. Looks familiar?
                    Very familiar. I guess my gunsmith skills are not as bad as I thought. Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X