No announcement yet.

Talk to me about paint for a rifle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the military, we just used a rattle-can. It would last a few days of crawling, then we'd just do it again.

Similar to this from the internet:

No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
      In the military, we just used a rattle-can. It would last a few days of crawling, then we'd just do it again.

Yes sir. Rattle cans are big out in the field. Always get a kick out of seeing snipers spray down rigs with scopes worth several grand with 5 dollar spray cans.
      141027-M-ED261-002.jpg

Scene from "Lone Survivor" where they spray down their rifles with rattle cans.
      576776-81f5ffc2-9901-11e3-9a97-2ed07c1403ff.jpg

The reason I--and many others--use Krylon Fusion is that it is supposedly formulated to bond and flex on plastics etc. Not convinced of the science but it does seem to work better than others and their flat ammo colors are great. They even sell it in some gun shops.

krylon_paints__62193_zoom.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Basically what I'm doing. Brake cleaner and then Rustoleum. MRGnG did a video on it that was right up my alley for what I wanted to do. Gonna try a different pattern than his, but similar approach.

Probably going to do a tester on some accessories and cheap bolt package before I use the rifle I really want.

Whoever recommended the warming up the can and getting the gear to room temp, I'm going to see how it goes tomorrow and if I need to warm anything up i will. Hoping I don't have any issues. If I do the package of cans + degreaser was under $23.

Comment

The beauty of rattle can paint jobs is there cheap, last a decent amount of time and the skys the limit in terms of patterns.

Comment

Working...
          X