Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fascinating photos of rifle stock carvings and much, much more . Enjoy !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascinating photos of rifle stock carvings and much, much more . Enjoy !

I was searching on line for ideas to refinish a Rem 700 wood stock of mine and came across this website https://www.pinterest.com/pin/46161964916193524.
    Some of the carvings are absolutely incredible. Also I was thinking of doing a burn technique and came across these photos. stock burn 4.jpgstock burn.jpgstock burn1.jpgstock burn2.jpgstockburn3.jpg

When you are on the Pinterest site, if you click on a photo to open it, it will show you many other different rifle carvings . Also close out any log in and will continue to gallery .

That looks like electrical carving, sometimes called fractal burning or some such name?

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
      That looks like electrical carving, sometimes called fractal burning or some such name?
      Yea its a really cool process. You essentially run a current through the wood and the grain burns in a weird way. Ive seen it done on coffee tables and stuff.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwGnxB9BXK0
        NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

some of the old time duck hunters used to carve designs in their stocks while passing the time in the blind

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Process is cool, the end product is awesome.

Comment

Going to try it on my bald head.
                LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
                  Going to try it on my bald head.
                  i think Uncle Fester already did that

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post
                    some of the old time duck hunters used to carve designs in their stocks while passing the time in the blind
                    They would also "Carve stool" (Make decoys) then, as well as when they were sitting around bs ing
                    Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

They would also "Carve stool" (Make decoys) then, as well as when they were sitting around bs ing
                      my father and i used to go to the dump and take the cork out of the old reefers to make stool . He also poured all his own lead for sinkers and weights

Comment

Working...
                      X