Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I ge some layout blue locally?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where can I ge some layout blue locally?

    Hoping to fit a barrel to my M&P Pro this weekend. Anyone know where I can pick up some Dykem locally?

    #2
    Grainger.

    Comment


      #3
      I've used a Sharpie for small jobs in the past.
      Steve

      Comment


        #4
        Grainger usually has the Dykem stick and the Dykem liquid.
        LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport,

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks guys. I called Grainger in Bohemia and they don't stock it which I thought was odd. I would use sharpie but there is going to be a lot of fitting and I'm not confident the sharpie will rub off easily/consistently on the hight spots.

          Comment


            #6
            MSC in Mellville?

            http://www.mscdirect.com/product/det...64044&fromRR=Y
            Steve

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks for all the replies. A buddy hooked me up.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

              Comment


                #8
                Melville has it in stock, purchased a bottle a couple of weeks ago when I was jeweling the barrel on the Glock.
                stay alive, carry a 45

                Comment


                  #9
                  Bluepoint tool off johnson avenue in bohemia, was just there today, Only place locally can buy tooling and supplies they have tons of dychem in all the colors

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Lostinthewoods View Post
                    Thanks for all the replies. A buddy hooked me up.
                    Real men use red

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I have the aerosols too. I really like the surface prep they make. Cleans surfaces really quick and doesn't smell awful

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Layout blue and a file are two things I don't need to install an accurized barrel in a Glock.
                        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by class3 View Post
                          Layout blue and a file are two things I don't need to install an accurized barrel in a Glock.
                          There are gunsmith fit barrels for Glocks. Glock fanboys just dont know how to use a file.

                          https://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=GLOCK

                          Comment


                            #14
                            +1000 on the Sharpie. Dykem is really too thick for stuff like fitting barrel bushings, unless you thin it (with acetone, or Dykem remover which is basically overpriced acetone in a spray can). Sharpie can also be removed with alcohol, which is easier on the hands than acetone. For cheapskates, you can get a little Prussian Blue on eBay and make your own Dykem, add it to a can of "Purple PVC primer" from Home Depot and you'll have a convenient swab to brush it on with.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                              +1000 on the Sharpie. Dykem is really too thick for stuff like fitting barrel bushings, unless you thin it (with acetone, or Dykem remover which is basically overpriced acetone in a spray can). Sharpie can also be removed with alcohol, which is easier on the hands than acetone. For cheapskates, you can get a little Prussian Blue on eBay and make your own Dykem, add it to a can of "Purple PVC primer" from Home Depot and you'll have a convenient swab to brush it on with.
                              It's fine for fitting barrels and barrel bushings without thinning.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X