Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I ge some layout blue locally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I ge some layout blue locally?

Hoping to fit a barrel to my M&P Pro this weekend. Anyone know where I can pick up some Dykem locally?

Grainger.

Comment

I've used a Sharpie for small jobs in the past.
      Steve

Comment

Grainger usually has the Dykem stick and the Dykem liquid.
        LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport,

Comment

Thanks guys. I called Grainger in Bohemia and they don't stock it which I thought was odd. I would use sharpie but there is going to be a lot of fitting and I'm not confident the sharpie will rub off easily/consistently on the hight spots.

Comment

MSC in Mellville?

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/det...64044&fromRR=Y
            Steve

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. A buddy hooked me up.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Melville has it in stock, purchased a bottle a couple of weeks ago when I was jeweling the barrel on the Glock.
                stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Bluepoint tool off johnson avenue in bohemia, was just there today, Only place locally can buy tooling and supplies they have tons of dychem in all the colors

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinthewoods View Post
                    Thanks for all the replies. A buddy hooked me up.
                    Real men use red

Comment

I have the aerosols too. I really like the surface prep they make. Cleans surfaces really quick and doesn't smell awful

Comment

Layout blue and a file are two things I don't need to install an accurized barrel in a Glock.
                        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
                          Layout blue and a file are two things I don't need to install an accurized barrel in a Glock.
                          There are gunsmith fit barrels for Glocks. Glock fanboys just dont know how to use a file.

https://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=GLOCK

Comment

+1000 on the Sharpie. Dykem is really too thick for stuff like fitting barrel bushings, unless you thin it (with acetone, or Dykem remover which is basically overpriced acetone in a spray can). Sharpie can also be removed with alcohol, which is easier on the hands than acetone. For cheapskates, you can get a little Prussian Blue on eBay and make your own Dykem, add it to a can of "Purple PVC primer" from Home Depot and you'll have a convenient swab to brush it on with.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                              +1000 on the Sharpie. Dykem is really too thick for stuff like fitting barrel bushings, unless you thin it (with acetone, or Dykem remover which is basically overpriced acetone in a spray can). Sharpie can also be removed with alcohol, which is easier on the hands than acetone. For cheapskates, you can get a little Prussian Blue on eBay and make your own Dykem, add it to a can of "Purple PVC primer" from Home Depot and you'll have a convenient swab to brush it on with.
                              It's fine for fitting barrels and barrel bushings without thinning.

Comment

Working...
                              X