New "dress" gun belt recommendations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New "dress" gun belt recommendations...

I currently have a black and a brown 5.11 dress leather gun belts that have the plastic core.
    They are scratched up pretty bad after the 5 years of use every day and carrying when permitted.
    The brown belt has the plastic liner cracked and is on borrowed time until the leather gives up.

Since the 5.11 belts scratch pretty easily and they were $50 or so locally, I'm looking for recommendations on other brands.

Nothing tactical. Must appear to be a dress belt but have the stiff plastic core.

I'm open to suggestions, both locally and online.
    I'd like to keep it in the same price range with a $55 cap.

Thanks!

www.bullhidebelts.com
    Ben

Comment

• O1SalsaX
      O1SalsaX commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the link.

How are these belts?
      Do you personally have one (or more)?
      Does it roll when a heavier pistol is attached?
      They seem to have a huge price difference depending on belt/options, etc..

• TTSkipper
      TTSkipper commented
      Editing a comment
      I have this one, http://www.bullhidebelts.com/Black-S...Belt_p_97.html in 1.5" width I wear it every day although I don't carry every day. It has never rolled wearing my Glock 41 or my 1911 which is 42oz unloaded with either IWB or OWB holsters. When I put my pants on the ground and the belt is still in the loops, the pants stand up off the ground. It is not a flimsy belt. They definitely have a lot of price points and options. Sign up on their site and you will get emailed sales of items which were ordered and returned or cancelled which are normally at a decent discount.

Awesome. Thank.
    Aside from the scratching, the 5.11 belts have been great.
    They are getting a bit too ratty looking to wear at my office.
    They'll still see range use though.
    The reason why I asked about the belt rolling was because I have an old school desert eagle and a custom owb leather holster and my current belts performed flawlessly with it.

Just wanted to make sure before jumping into a new belt.

Thanks!

Comment

Desantis makes a few plain brown and black leather gun belts. Pretty in expensive

Comment

Bullhide gun belts are the way to go, great product at a good price. If you wear suits or dress pants get the 1.25 bullhide belt (not the dress belt). I emailed them and they said that the FB I uses thier bullhide belts 1 1.25 size.
        I have had 2 1.5 belts for years and they are worth the extra 20 bucks you are looking to spend.

Comment

Working...
        X