• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Range Time View Post
    You have to love that street address!
    Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

233? Not quite but close.
    I expect more from you Ed. Merry Christmas.
    Ben

Comment

Just stopped in with the wife.

She and and I were very impressed with the quality as well as the selection/style of the women’s clothing.

Comment

Comment

Comment

could use one of their belts and a bag so i'll be heading there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

233? Not quite but close.
              Wishful thinking, I guess...

Comment

Just stopped by today. Good size shop. No boots in my size but that's something I'm used to considering being a size 15 so i didnt look all that much.
                picked up a rush 72, gonna make a great do all/go bag. Also learned that multicam is a licensed pattern and royalties are paid out everytime its used. Those guys must be rich out the ass on just royalties from that. Guys there were very helpful in determining the Size bag I need for what i wanted it for.

Comment

I picked up a few pairs of the tac-lite pro pants the other day.. staff was very friendly and helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the tour, thatguy. Going there this Saturday to spend some Xmas money. F*** the snow.
                    "Appetites for gun collecting are often whetted by mechanical ingenuity, artistic features, or historical associations." - Norm Flayderman

Comment

Originally posted by infamous View Post
                      I picked up a few pairs of the tac-lite pro pants the other day.. staff was very friendly and helpful.
                      Did you ever wear tac-lite pro pants? I found them very sweaty in warm weather. They didn't breathe.
                      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

No, there are my first 2 pairs. I’ve been wearing them for work and have found them to be a little bit more comfortable than my other pairs of no-name tac pants. I was hoping they’d be a good option for summer wear also. I really like the pocket placement and fit of these.

Comment

I didn't really have that experience with the tac lites. With the exception of the last week when I wore Duluth lined firehose pants they're my daily thing at work. Summer was not too bad and they don't get soaked like cotton when wet any season. I found the cotton 5.11 and the old Royal Robbins versions are hot in the summer. I started wearing cotton 5.11s in about 1983, tried a pair of tac lites when they first came out as an option to cotton and never went back. I find the tac lites to be a good year round outside work pants, I supplement in the winter with either a lightweight thermal underlayer or a cabelas ECWCS polarfleece underlayer depending on temperature.

I'll prob swing by next week and have a look. I had been buying online from 5.11 when they have their 25% off promotion twice a year.

Comment

Go to South Shore Sportsman, they have a nice inventory of 511 gear.

Comment

Originally posted by infamous View Post
                              No, there are my first 2 pairs. I’ve been wearing them for work and have found them to be a little bit more comfortable than my other pairs of no-name tac pants. I was hoping they’d be a good option for summer wear also. I really like the pocket placement and fit of these.
                              They're identical to the 5.11 original all cotton tactical pants except the 8.5oz. cotton fabric. These cotton pants aren't light weight. so not ideal for summer. It seems nobody in the tactical world makes 100% cotton light weight ripstop cargo pants anymore with a zip fly. My default became LL Bean Allagash cargo pants. Good summer weight and pocket layout. I went up one inch in the waist for these over the 5.11 pants.
                              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Seems like a big fuck you to the local 5.11 dealers. SSS was pretty heavily invested in inventory not far from the new store. I would be pissed if I was them.

Comment

Working...
                                X