Holster woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holster woes

So I had previously purchased a T.Rex Arms Sidecar holster for my Shield .45. I love it. It the pistol fits perfectly as does the spare mag and retention is perfect. Since I am in love with my PPQ I ordered one of their Nomad IWB holsters for it. It arrived a few weeks ago. The fit was terrible. It was way to tight on the slide and no amount of adjusting would make it right. To get the trigger guard to engage properly actually made the slide come out of battery by 1/8" or so. Without the slide the frame fit beautify and clicked in effortlessly. It blows my mind that it could even be from the same company because it's so bad. I either got really lucky with the Sidecar or their holster form for the PPQ is just really out of spec and beat up. The overall workmanship/finish sucked compared to the Sidecar I purchased.

Today the new or reworked holster arrived. The fit is just about the same and now one of the belt clip screws actually contacts the slide. I will not use it as it. The retention in inadequate and the fit on the slide is ridiculously tight. It looks like crap too. I just sent them an email telling them it is going back and not to bother with a replacement. I'll report back when they reply.

Interesting to hear, hope they do right by you.

I have a Sidecar and light compatible Raptor from them for my CZ P-07 which are both great.
    Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

I've had no issues with both of my t-rex purchases. I recommend them.
      I anticipate they'll do the right thing for you.
      NRA LIFE | SAF | NYSRPA | EFF | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

T. Rex is issuing a refund. They believe there could be an issue with their PPQ form.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinthewoods View Post
          T. Rex is issuing a refund. They believe there could be an issue with their PPQ form.
          Sounds like a good company that just may have an isolated QC issue, AND willing to admit to it. +1

Comment

Good customer service, that's what I take from this.
            NRA LIFE | SAF | NYSRPA | EFF | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

C&G makes a really good Kydex OWB holster.

Comment

Originally posted by FDEMTNYC View Post
                C&G makes a really good Kydex OWB holster.

I bought a C&G for my Shield .45 for when my Sidecar is just too much. Love it. Bought it at Field & Stream. They had quite a few in stock for various pistols. Just ordered one for the PPQ.

Comment

Working...
                X