Electronic Hearing Protection ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rlitman View Post

Yeah. Buy a Peltor hygiene kit for your muffs. That replaces the pads and the foam inserts and they'll be like new.
    Actually, the pads were fine: the wiring insulation was cracking.

Comment

Soft ear protection often have more NR value than the big ones that go over your head. I see big, bulky ear pro for $100+ that have less NR than these:

I use soft, but carry large on my belt, to double-up for rifle shooting or when there's shooting near vehicles, walls or under an overhang, etc.
      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
        Soft ear protection often have more NR value than the big ones that go over your head. I see big, bulky ear pro for $100+ that have less NR than these:

I use soft, but carry large on my belt, to double-up for rifle shooting or when there's shooting near vehicles, walls or under an overhang, etc.
        I often use soft neoprene plugs and ALWAYS carry some in my pocket. My job puts me in a sound sensitive environment. The various ranges are a sound sensitive environment.

Over the years, I've lost 85% of the high frequency in my left ear and lately find myself saying .... "What?" far too often. Hence my search for the hearing protection equivalent of the fountain of middle age. I'm even thinking about putting together a "Save your hearing" course, seminar, workshop, or whatever you want to call it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGunn View Post

I often use soft neoprene plugs and ALWAYS carry some in my pocket. My job puts me in a sound sensitive environment. The various ranges are a sound sensitive environment.

Over the years, I've lost 85% of the high frequency in my left ear and lately find myself saying .... "What?" far too often. Hence my search for the hearing protection equivalent of the fountain of middle age. I'm even thinking about putting together a "Save your hearing" course, seminar, workshop, or whatever you want to call it.
          I 'hear' you. Being on the range so often over a couple of decades, I've actually stopped saying, "What?" and just pretend I heard whatever was said......

Luckily I have a source for lots of soft ear pro, without them my hearing would be much worse.
          "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I 'hear' you. Being on the range so often over a couple of decades, I've actually stopped saying, "What?" and just pretend I heard whatever was said......
            I do the same.

But to my wife.
            I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
            I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

I do the same.

But to my wife.
              We all do.

Comment

Working...
              X