High Threat Concealment Product Revue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Threat Concealment Product Revue

I've been looking for a battle belt set up for years. I bought fifty or sixty pouches, .308 and 5.56, nothing felt right. A lot of the stuff just stuck out too far off my waist. Some of it hurt when moving. Most every belt was designed around a pistol. I wanted a dedicated rifle belt.

Here were my conditions:

Had to have a balanced load in case I had to walk a distance.
    Had to be concealable under a jacket.
    Had to have an IFAK.
    Had to carry four AR mags.
    Had to be clean on the front for shooting prone.

I found High Threat Concealment about a year ago and ordered an AR mag holder. Looked good, the system was modular but they didn't do what I wanted, all their belts are built around a pistol. I needed to design/build. I ordered some more parts, there's a ten week shipping delay. The early prototype was stolen during the burg at my shop, so I started over.

Whelp...I just got the final shipment of parts yesterday and I gotta tell you this is the best thing since sliced bread. It does just what I asked it to do. I have a dedicated AR belt that carries 120 rounds and rides like butter. It disappears on top of a black T shirt. It's invisible under a work coat. It weighs about eight pounds fully loaded, velcro under belt, just a great rig. $400 and worth every penny.

DSC03694 (2).JPG

www.highthreatconcealment.com
    Last edited by spider; 11-19-2020, 12:02 AM.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

The pouches are attached to each other in addition to the belt correct?

Does it keep everything nice and tight on the body, or is it weirdly pull on the belt?

Comment

Navigating the website is difficult. They have a bunch of stuff that's not on there. It's best to call first and it's impossible to get through. But it's worth the effort.
      Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by E View Post

Does it keep everything nice and tight on the body, or is it weirdly pull on the belt?
        The pouches bolt together. Everything rides tight to the waist. I walked a mile last night and it rode on my hips with no movement.

Comment

The D ring on the belt is really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by E View Post

Very tight to the body. I'm wearing two belts with two buckles, four mag pouches and an IFAK. Open carry can be concealed carry.

532312_4580632964021_1890776736_n[1].jpg
            Last edited by spider; 11-18-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

VietVet

image_69046.jpg

April, 2007 I went to an Appleseed at Calverton. Fred planted a seed. 9/11 was still fresh, the war in Iraq had fallen apart and Fred asked us what we would do if a boat load of Arabs landed on the South Shore of Long Island. Who would we call? Who would call us? Could we put 5000 men on the line at a moments warning like they had in Lexington and Concord? It got me to thinking. So I set out build myself a Minuteman type battle belt. It only took me thirteen years to get it done.

First thing I did was put myself in the position of my ancestor, Asahel Nims as he set out from Keene, New Hampshire for Boston in April of '75. He'd be looking at a ninety mile hike through mud, snow, rain and a nasty stretch of April weather. The sun would have been hot because the the foliage wasn't out yet. The hike would have been no small task.

In June, he ended up on Breed's Hill in Charlestown in the Battle of Bunker Hill. The British assaulted the Hill three times, They suffered 50% casualties but took it. The Colonials claimed if they'd had one more round per man they'd have won the day.

Asahel Nims died that day. He was thirty four. He left three sons. When the British took the Hill they bayonetted the wounded and the dead. It's what they did. They were putting down an insurrection.

We always hear they told those boys on the line to wait until you see the whites of their eyes before they fired. That's not what they said. They told them to wait until they saw the whites of their spats through the April grass. When the British were so close you could see their spats, that's when they were told to fire. That's pretty darn close after a ninety mile hike through April weather.

Rich, if you rode your wheelchair up to my house in the Beach, and told me you needed me on the line, this is what I'd grab, 150 rounds and a stripped down AR, that's what I'd have with me. I'd hike ninety miles, too, and I'd forage food and water along the way.
              Last edited by spider; 11-19-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

This is turning out to be a very cool thread!

If a shipload of enemies landed on Long Island right now, I think all of us here would put up a very good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

If a shipload of enemies landed on Long Island right now, I think all of us here would put up a very good fight.
                  I personally would start running around firing everything I had and having a ball. This is all assuming I was given the green light to do so by the authorities. 😃

Comment

Very cool, clever and well thought out, bud!

Comment

I sold a buddy of mine a 12 gauge during the Quarantine Riots and used the money to build this.
                      Last edited by spider; 11-18-2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                        VietVet

Rich, if you rode your wheelchair up to my house in the Beach, and told me you needed me on the line, this is what I'd grab, 150 rounds and a stripped down AR, that's what I'd have with me. I'd hike ninety miles, too, and I'd forage food and water along the way.
                        Thankfully I’m out of that wheelchair (when I’m not lazy) went to crutches and starting to go to just a Cane . I’m getting there. We’ll be “On the Line” again soon.
                        Didn’t know you were at Calverton in 2007. I have the photos from that event.
                        I’ll take a look later and see if I can get them posted.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                        President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Nice set up. Reaching for my inner Dan 0351, I was wondering: how important for you to have them "almost concealed carry" mags if they are useless without your carbine, which I assume not that easy to conceal. Comfort is the great reason and I see that you are very satisfied with it- great. If you have all that real estate upfront, would it be beneficial to place at least tourniquet there for easier access?
                          I love that game: Lego my gear. I can play it for a long time, makes me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
                            Nice set up. Reaching for my inner Dan 0351, I was wondering: how important for you to have them "almost concealed carry" mags if they are useless without your carbine, which I assume not that easy to conceal. Comfort is the great reason and I see that you are very satisfied with it- great. If you have all that real estate upfront, would it be beneficial to place at least tourniquet there for easier access?
                            I love that game: Lego my gear. I can play it for a long time, makes me happy.
                            Dude, how DARE you ask that?!?
                            "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

• Russian
                              Russian commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Bad influence? But you see, everybody knows that I'm a nice person with rudimentary knowledge of English language and undivided love to AK , unlike...

• Dan 0351
                              Dan 0351 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hmmmm, the 'illiterate, foreigner card'.....genius.
                          Working...
                          X