Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad.

Comment

Press release: Remington Outdoor Company Announces Restructuring Support Agreement with Creditors for a Comprehensive Financial Restructuring and $145 million of New Capital Normal Operations Will Continue During Restructuring Period Remington’s Liquidity and Competitiveness Enhanced All Claims including Trade Payables to be Honored Madison, NC – February 12, 2018 – Remington Outdoor Company (“Remington” or “the Company”) …
      No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
      Chris

Comment

Can't say I'm terribly saddened. This is the result of YEARS of terrible customer service, producing nothing but subpar garbage, and not keeping up with the markets. Hopefully they sell off Marlin to someone who cares.

Comment

Who's going to buy a product from a company whose future is in doubt? Yeah, I'll buy a box of Twinkies from the last production run of Twinkies because the Twinkies will be gone befor the company is. But not something like a gun, a car, a washing machine, etc.

I doubt the brands Remington, Marlin, Harrington & Richardson or even Colt will ever disappear. But what kind of guns will those brand names be on? What kind of company will be making those guns? A company whose highest priority is building great guns and backing them up with bullet-proof customer service or a company that is trying to stay afloat in a sea of debt?

Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post
            Who's going to buy a product from a company whose future is in doubt? Yeah, I'll buy a box of Twinkies from the last production run of Twinkies because the Twinkies will be gone befor the company is. But not something like a gun, a car, a washing machine, etc.

I doubt the brands Remington, Marlin, Harrington & Richardson or even Colt will ever disappear. But what kind of guns will those brand names be on? What kind of company will be making those guns? A company whose highest priority is building great guns and backing them up with bullet-proof customer service or a company that is trying to stay afloat in a sea of debt?
            The latter is how Remington wound up in Cerberus' hands to begin with. The former is how Henry manages to have one of the best reputations in the business despite being based in NJ. I can only hope someone who actually cares about producing a quality firearm gets ahold of these brands and brings them back to how they once were. I've seen poor quality from formerly great companies before, but never to the extent of, "Make sure you put 0000 steel wool on a drill and polish the chamber of your brand-new 870 to avoid jams" bad. Never, "My new Marlin has a crooked/drooping/misaligned barrel/magazine tube/front sight" bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post

The latter is how Remington wound up in Cerberus' hands to begin with. The former is how Henry manages to have one of the best reputations in the business despite being based in NJ. I can only hope someone who actually cares about producing a quality firearm gets ahold of these brands and brings them back to how they once were. I've seen poor quality from formerly great companies before, but never to the extent of, "Make sure you put 0000 steel wool on a drill and polish the chamber of your brand-new 870 to avoid jams" bad. Never, "My new Marlin has a crooked/drooping/misaligned barrel/magazine tube/front sight" bad.
              Before Marlin shut down and moved their North Haven facility, they had such bad QC problems, they had to stop production and stopped taking orders. Those employees knew how to build great guns using antiquated machinery. Cerebrus decided to Six-Sigma them into the ground and destroy the moral of the staff until they started turning out garbage. It got better after they started back up but I suspect the people who know how to build Marlins are in Connecticut either still out of work or have gone on to something else. You have to wonder to what degree can any of this be fixed? Similar stories at Remington, AAC and Bushmaster.

Regards,
              Chris

Comment

Group buy?

Comment

Working...
                X