Wow - Maybe I Should Sell My Voere Rifle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - Maybe I Should Sell My Voere Rifle

I've been watching an auction over at GunBroker for a Voere rifle, in 22LR, essentially the same model as the one I have. About the only differences are that the one for sale has a deluxe stock, that stock has terrible finish marring/wear and the butt plate is cracked The stock on mine was refinished by me everything else is in at least fine to excellent condition and I have a spare magazine for mine. The metal finish on mine looks better than that of the one at GunBroker from what I can see in the auction photos.

Normally that refinished stock might detract from the value of a collectible firearm but the collector value with this rifle is not its stock's condition but that it fires from an open bolt.

Anyway, the reason I am thinking that maybe I should sell mine is because of the price the one on GunBroker is currently selling for, see:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783008456

Yes, that has a starting bid of $899.00 and one bid has already been placed on it. As far as I am concerned, one bid that high would be at least a smidgen beyond what it would take to make me a happy seller should I decide to sell mine. As I type this post, there is still about 2 days & 8 hours left in that auction and, while I doubt it, the high bid could still go up some. If I got that much for mine, let me just say buying it at auction & selling it at another, would be one heck of a profitable endeavor for me. I'll have to think about putting it up for auction on GunBroker; I mean there must be some other gun nut out there with money to burn - so why not on my Voere!
    Last edited by Glenn B; 09-08-2018, 01:13 PM.

They can't be imported anymore because they fire from open bolt and the BAF is concerned about them being converted to full-auto. The only open bolt still around is Marlin Model 50, made in the early 30's. They are rare and the magazines are impossible to find
    "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

Don't do it.

#1. Selling your guns is a sign of weakness
      #2. You'll regret it, and if you can't find another, your SOL.
      #3. If you can find another, it won't be your original. Even if it is a fine rifle, it will be a reminder of your mistake in selling the original, and will lead to you resenting yourself, your family, and your friends.
      #4. The only acceptable reason to sell is for (God forbid) medical expenses for your children. Medical expenses for yourself are not a valid reason, as it is better to die with all of your guns in your possession. If for your children, you can then task them with reacquiring the guns you sold for them as they grow and are able to.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyj513 View Post
        Don't do it.

#1. Selling your guns is a sign of weakness
        #2. You'll regret it, and if you can't find another, your SOL.
        #3. If you can find another, it won't be your original. Even if it is a fine rifle, it will be a reminder of your mistake in selling the original, and will lead to you resenting yourself, your family, and your friends.
        #4. The only acceptable reason to sell is for (God forbid) medical expenses for your children. Medical expenses for yourself are not a valid reason, as it is better to die with all of your guns in your possession. If for your children, you can then task them with reacquiring the guns you sold for them as they grow and are able to.
        If I sell it, I may be able to come close to having enough for a winning bid on my dream gun (nope am not about to say right now which gun is that one) at an upcoming auction. That alone would be justification enough to sell it and leave me with zero seller's remorse. Of course, I may sell it at a price like the one currently on GunBroker and then still not have the high bid on my dream gun but certainly would have enough for at least two other guns I am looking at. Selling this one could be a very good move.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn B View Post

If I sell it, I may be able to come close to having enough for a winning bid on my dream gun (nope am not about to say right now which gun is that one) at an upcoming auction. That alone would be justification enough to sell it and leave me with zero seller's remorse. Of course, I may sell it at a price like the one currently on GunBroker and then still not have the high bid on my dream gun but certainly would have enough for at least two other guns I am looking at. Selling this one could be a very good move.
          Honestly....

Keep the rifle and buy the dream gun. Cut a corner somewhere else for a bit until you catch up if you need to.

Dont do something that you’ll spend the rest of your life kicking yourself in the nads over.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.
          NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
          NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
          Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

I have to become attached to a gun, in some way, shape or form before I'd have seller's remorse. This one isn't one of those guns. What I would kick myself in the nut-sack for is if the value went down markedly because some restrictions were lifted or for any other reason. I may have to give an auction a shot with this one. It may sell and then again may not, it took awhile for that other one to get a bid.

Comment

I just keep replying to watch my Avatar.

Comment

Buy low, sell high.

Comment

Well, it's up for sale at GB. I am keeping my fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up too high. While the one that was listed there recently sold for $899 and mine has a lower starting bid and has two magazines - I figure there are only so many folks who will spend that much on one of these. Who knows though, I may get lucky.
                  Last edited by Glenn B; 09-12-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X