See less

Nassau Pistol, message from LT. Timpano, attention FFLs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long until they require a urine sample?
    If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto View Post
      How long until they require a urine sample?
      No problemo, just aim through the window, and let it fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

The sad part is I would much prefer the BS Nassau system than what we have to do in Suffolk. Those of use that live in Western Suffolk are severely inconvenienced not once, but fucking twice, to purchase a handgun that which we've already been probed for once for the fucking license and second for the background check.
        This is just too complicated. IDGI.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

I am not an FFL and could be way off on this, but, I’d imagine most LGS will run a NICS to comply w Nassau’s rule and another when the purchaser picks up the gun. CYA.
          The Second NICS would, I assume have a different number from the initial one. There is also a chance the second comes back other than proceed. Now they can’t release the gun. What’s the process then? Notify NCPD? Does NCPD cancel the purchase Doc? Once a proceed is granted does it begin all over again?
          What if we did this? In NH, you walk into a gun store, pass a NICS check and you walk out with a hand gun. It's so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

What if we did this? In NH, you walk into a gun store, pass a NICS check and you walk out with a hand gun. It's so much easier.
            That kind of sounds like living in America.
            would never work here.
            Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

That kind of sounds like living in America.
              would never work here.
              I miss America.

Comment

If only gang members were as inconvenienced when getting their guns.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
                  It is all bullshit. If you committed a crime, that would jam you up on a nics, then the PD would already know that you have a CCW, and they would be looking to arrest you. If that was the case, who the hell is going to let you walk in there, add it to you license, and then let you walk the fuck out again??? Am I wrong here? If so, please explain.

This is nothing but showboating the fact that "they are doing something positive", or being proactive. Nothing but smoke and mirrors.
                  Thats my point though. GTG at time of purchase, clear NICS, go to PD and take care of business there. Then, before they go back to pick up the gun, they get into something that would prohibit them from taking possession. That would be my worry in the land of Libs and lawyers if I were the FFL.
                  I know they can leave the original NICS clearance open for 30 days. I’m just saying I wouldn’t and that opens the door for problems w this policy.
                  Did Nassau just open the door to going to a Suffolk shuffle policy?

Comment

Da, comrade. But in Newyorkastan sheep have no such right to Liberty and the pursuit of unencumbered liberties...we are subjects, not citizens.

Comment

Do as your told piss ants

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
                        It is all bullshit. If you committed a crime, that would jam you up on a nics, then the PD would already know that you have a CCW, and they would be looking to arrest you. If that was the case, who the hell is going to let you walk in there, add it to you license, and then let you walk the fuck out again??? Am I wrong here? If so, please explain.

This is nothing but showboating the fact that "they are doing something positive", or being proactive. Nothing but smoke and mirrors.
                        Uhhh, this^.
                        Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

I can answer a couple of the questions.

For the upstate auction purchase, it might be best to have the auction house ship the gun to a Nassau FFL. The fees will be cheaper than the gas and tolls.

As far as the upstate auctioneer FFL, yes, if they did a NICS just for rifles, you would have to run another NICS for your pistols. The original communication with the FBI NICS identifies the intended purchase by firearm type (not by brand name or quantity).

Yes, you must be present in the dealer's store to fill out the 4473 (paper or electronic) . (or authorized Gun Show etc)

Yes a dealer can run a NICS for a specific handgun purchase, and allow you to run to Nassau for the purchase document and have you resign when you return. As long as the dealer is running the NICS for that intended pistol purchase.
                          Many states have waiting periods and a NICS is done first, and then the waiting period begins. You can get an instant proceed from NICS, and still need to wait three or five days in a waiting period state. The trip to Nassau is just another version of a waiting period.

The dealer identifies to the NICS the type of firearm(s) and the type of sale or transfer or return from pawn or private transfer etc...The dealer does not need to disclose the brand or model being sold at the time of the NICS check. That info stays with the dealer's permanent files after the sale is complete.

Last edited by LI Ammo; 10-23-2018, 10:26 PM.
                          LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

In North Carolina I walk in with my Driver's License and CHP, No NICS and walk out with the gun. No NICS check for CHP holders down here.

As far as the new law in Nassau County. The NICS check is good for 30 days, and eCheck can be done before and without a 4473. It will be attached to a 4473 completed at pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTime View Post

In North Carolina I walk in with my Driver's License and CHP, No NICS and walk out with the gun. No NICS check for CHP holders down here.

As far as the new law in Nassau County. The NICS check is good for 30 days, and eCheck can be done before and without a 4473. It will be attached to a 4473 completed at pick up.
                              I'd like to see that information about eCheck from the ATF. As far as I know, eCheck may not be used without a signed 4473 in hand in advance. Additionally, the purchaser must be present to fill it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTime View Post

Update, Page 25 of the eCheck guide, the information used to fill in the search form on eCheck comes from a completed 4473.
                                A dealer cannot eCheck ahead of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X