Dick's Wants To Start Selling "Smart" Guns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dick's Wants To Start Selling "Smart" Guns

This situation situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

And they're just the guys to do it.

You know Dick’s, the anti-gun sports and outdoor chain that’s had trouble selling the guns it still carries since they decided to drop the sale of scary black rifles, wrote checks to fund gun control lobbyists and some firearms manufacturers have refused to sell to them. But Ed Stack, Dick’s CEO and largest shareholder, has a new idea to boost his stores’ firearms business: jump into selling smart guns.

As Reuters reports . . .
    Ed Stack risked the ire of some suppliers and customers in February when he decided to pull assault-style weapons from the shelves of Dick’s Sporting Goods, the $3.6 billion retailer he runs. His latest move will do so again. Stack says he would support the sale of weapons that can only be fired by their owner, an idea that traditional gunsmiths and their lobbyists hate, but investors should cautiously welcome.
    Dick's Sporting Goods CEO and majority shareholder Ed Stack has a new idea to boost his stores' gun business: jump into selling smart guns. 
    Last edited by BLAMMO!!; 11-07-2018, 09:56 PM.
    No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
    Chris

I mean, I guess there's the best and then there's the worst in the firearms industry....bar's gotta start somewhere...
    A sunny day
    A shotgun and a Chevrolet
    Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Wow. He really is a friggin’ idiot.

Whats his next plan? Rob his own stores for the insurance money? Because at the rate he’s going....
      NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
      NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
      Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Don’t care. I don’t shop there, just don’t care.

Comment

Stack of Dicks? He’s making it too easy.

Comment

Those guns better be smart enough to buy themselves.
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

1. Their business their rules. My money my rules.

2. When they make an iPhone that I don't have to input my code when my fingers are damp, dirty, wet, etc. Until then, fuck that shit.
              Still here but still counting down. The inventor of Hawk fishing.

Comment

I guarantee the trail leads back to Bloomturd. What they're not saying is they will also have the technology in place to de-activate any "smart guns" in any given location or region with the press of a button.

Comment

I don”t care what type of guns Dick’s sells, I am not buying!

Comment

Originally posted by Fpa59 View Post
                    I don”t care what type of guns Dick’s sells, I am not buying!
                    AMEN!
                    The only thing I have bought from Dick's over the last 6 years has been ammo when and if it was on sale. Now it's Target Sports USA (Prime Ammo) FTW!
                    Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
                      I guarantee the trail leads back to Bloomturd. What they're not saying is they will also have the technology in place to de-activate any "smart guns" in any given location or region with the press of a button.
                      I would guess a similar technology for electric cars will also exist.
                      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Awesome business model. "Lets sell something the customer doesn't want"
                        How did this guy ever rise up to anything higher than mail room assistant?
                        Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefSailer View Post

AMEN!
                          The only thing I have bought from Dick's over the last 6 years has been ammo when and if it was on sale. Now it's Target Sports USA (Prime Ammo) FTW!
                          Do they ship to your home or to an FFL/
                          That law is still suspended isn't it?
                          Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

Do they ship to your home or to an FFL/
                            That law is still suspended isn't it?
                            HOME!
                            Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

The board of directors needs to get rid of this guy.

makes me wonder if activists investors got involved with Dicks to change the gun industry.....but I have no proof

I was hoping these activist investors run out of money by now, but maybe they are government funded
                              The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Working...
                              X