See less

Clay shooting glasses, what ya using?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Oakley Tombstone spoil. I have lenses in every color except yellow. The decision of which color to use depends on lighting, time of day and background.
    I used Wiley X Reds for years but they stopped making that color.

Comment

Thanks guys! I have a bunch of options I'm going to explore before the spring.

Comment

Ive heard good things about the hunters HD gold, but not sure for clays
        -Rob
        NRA CRSO
        NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
        NRA Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Affiliated with:
        MDTS training
        www.MDTStraining.com
        &
        Fortress Consulting Group LLC.
        www.fortressedge.net

https://www.instagram.com/robepifania/

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
          I use Oakley Tombstone spoil. I have lenses in every color except yellow. The decision of which color to use depends on lighting, time of day and background.
          I used Wiley X Reds for years but they stopped making that color.
          Just out of interest I looked at the Oakley’s ,but there is no mention of additional lens? It says it comes with black .
          Features of Oakley SI Tombstone Spoil

• Meets or exceeds ANSI Z87.1 2003/2010 optical and impact standards
          • Glasses use XYZ Optics to maximize visual clarity at all angles, even peripherals
          • Lightweight, stress-resistant O-Matter frame withstands environmental extremes while delivering non-stop comfort
          • Ear stems are designed to be compatible with over-the-ear hearing protection
          • Rimless frame design provides 120 degrees of scanning passive field of view
          • Non-slip Unobtanium nosepad
          • High Definition Optics uses a collection of patented technologies to meet or exceed ANSI standards for visual fidelity, optical clarity and impact resistance
          • Plutonite lenses are made from Oakley's high-purity, optical-grade polycarbonate
          • Lenses block 100% of all UVA and UVB rays, as well as harmful violet-blue light up to 400 nm in wavelength
          • Lenses treated with scratch-resistant and anti-fog coatings for uncompromised vision
          • Interchangeable lens system
          • Single release trigger on the stems lets wearers change lenses without smudges or fingerprints
          • Black Iridium lenses block out extremely bright light for greater color perception. Ideal for sunny conditions. Light transmission: 10%
          • Transmission percentage describes the amount/rate of light that passes through the lenses into the eyes
          • Stems lock into place with a positive tactile response for durability
          • Maximized upper periphery creates an unmatched field of vision
          • Spoil cut is great for smaller face sizes

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post

Just out of interest I looked at the Oakley’s ,but there is no mention of additional lens? It says it comes with black .
            Features of Oakley SI Tombstone Spoil

• Meets or exceeds ANSI Z87.1 2003/2010 optical and impact standards
            • Glasses use XYZ Optics to maximize visual clarity at all angles, even peripherals
            • Lightweight, stress-resistant O-Matter frame withstands environmental extremes while delivering non-stop comfort
            • Ear stems are designed to be compatible with over-the-ear hearing protection
            • Rimless frame design provides 120 degrees of scanning passive field of view
            • Non-slip Unobtanium nosepad
            • High Definition Optics uses a collection of patented technologies to meet or exceed ANSI standards for visual fidelity, optical clarity and impact resistance
            • Plutonite lenses are made from Oakley's high-purity, optical-grade polycarbonate
            • Lenses block 100% of all UVA and UVB rays, as well as harmful violet-blue light up to 400 nm in wavelength
            • Lenses treated with scratch-resistant and anti-fog coatings for uncompromised vision
            • Interchangeable lens system
            • Single release trigger on the stems lets wearers change lenses without smudges or fingerprints
            • Black Iridium lenses block out extremely bright light for greater color perception. Ideal for sunny conditions. Light transmission: 10%
            • Transmission percentage describes the amount/rate of light that passes through the lenses into the eyes
            • Stems lock into place with a positive tactile response for durability
            • Maximized upper periphery creates an unmatched field of vision
            • Spoil cut is great for smaller face sizes
            https://www.oakley.com/en-us/search?text=tombstone

Sometimes they have specials and sell a kit with 3 lenses. My M Frames came like that. Case that held the glasses, nose pieces, and 2 extra lenses. Love them!

Comment

Working...
            X