Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun seizures spike nationally, as states pass laws aimed at curbing mass shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't think confiscating guns from the mentally ill with court orders is an appropriate course of action. If a person is homicidal/suicidal, it's not just guns you need to worry about them having access to. Those people should be committed. If you take their guns there's nothing stopping them from killing people/themselves with cars, knives, fire, etc... more band-aid policy.
    It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
    This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
    We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
    Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Well all I can say is be polite to your neighbors and even though we all know it’s a shitty law and you just need to put your best foot forward if you care about your Second Amendment rights. I think it’s absolutely insane that basically anybody can call the police and say that they have a funny feeling about you and that’s all it takes. At least here in New York you know damn well you’re not getting a knock on the door in a conversation. You’re getting a knock on the door and a confiscation. I understand there are definitely some fuck ups out there but I think we all know that this law will be abused like crazy and I think it’s going to probably ramp up in the future

Comment

Even as conservatives sound the alarm about potential Second Amendment violations, supporters -- sometimes across party lines -- say these "red flag" laws are among the most promising tools to reduce the nearly 40,000 suicides and homicides by firearm each year in the country.

You know what else is a really promising tool for reducing suicide and homicide? Keep a cop or a soldier at the corner of every single city street, anyone who has ever had anxiety, depression, bi-polar, or just too much stress has to wear a special marker on their jacket that says "mentally ill" so people know to watch out for them. Do away with the 4th amendment entirely, stop and frisk everyone you see walking down the street to make sure they aren't packing. Might as well quarter troops inside people's homes so they can keep tabs on what people are talking about, and hell start making anyone who speaks out against government or anyone who works for the state disappear so there won't be any talk to incite people.

But we are supposed to be a "free country". Yet what exactly are we free to do? And the more freedoms we keep taking, what makes us any better than any other developed nation? Either people are free and they have civil rights, or they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by SLYTAPEX View Post
          Well all I can say is be polite to your neighbors and even though we all know it’s a shitty law and you just need to put your best foot forward if you care about your Second Amendment rights. I think it’s absolutely insane that basically anybody can call the police and say that they have a funny feeling about you and that’s all it takes. At least here in New York you know damn well you’re not getting a knock on the door in a conversation. You’re getting a knock on the door and a confiscation. I understand there are definitely some fuck ups out there but I think we all know that this law will be abused like crazy and I think it’s going to probably ramp up in the future
          I filled up my gas next to a lady with a "moms demand action" sign tacked up in her window and managed to keep my mouth shut....does that count?
          It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
          This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
          We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
          Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Why do you think Andy and pals want to look at your social media?
            I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
            I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
              Why do you think Andy and pals want to look at your social media?
              Andy boy says he owns a shotgun, I don't feel safe with such dangerous man owning dangerous weapons, especially at the governor's mansion.

Comment

Working...
              X