Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back pack or bag to that fits an AR thats taken apart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back pack or bag to that fits an AR thats taken apart.

Looking for a new range bag that will fit an AR that is taken down. I would prefer it to be a back pack style but would consider other alternatives. I am currently using a Voodoo Tactical two gun/rifle case and i find it too big and heavy. I would be carrying either an AR with a thorsden or one with a fixed mag with the stock fully collapsed. My car's trunk doesn't fit the rifle bag fully and i would usually have to fold down one seat. Any suggestions?

This is one of the bags I was looking at:

http://www.wiskurtactical.com/prod/G...FU5ZhgoduIMKnw

Anyone have experience?

I would prefer a back pack type but any other recommendations is fine also.
    Last edited by Mega2899; 06-28-2016, 07:40 AM.

How good are you with a needle and thread?

Almost any northface type day pack should work.

Also look into the larger snowboard packs.....lots of these have zippers that go very far down, so you can open the pack fully.

Sew in some velcro straps to hold things in place and good to go.

High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
      How good are you with a needle and thread?

Almost any northface type day pack should work.

Also look into the larger snowboard packs.....lots of these have zippers that go very far down, so you can open the pack fully.

Sew in some velcro straps to hold things in place and good to go.
      Not very good with a needle and thread but I do wonders with crazy glue!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you happen to know if they'll fit in those 1 day bug out bags?
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Like that one?

Currently not with my rifle so I cant take measurements so if anyone has one available and can do a quick measurement of their rifle taken down that would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post

Not very good with a needle and thread but I do wonders with crazy glue!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you happen to know if they'll fit in those 1 day bug out bags?
        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Like that one?

Currently not with my rifle so I cant take measurements so if anyone has one available and can do a quick measurement of their rifle taken down that would be awesome!
        If you scroll down you will see people asking questions about this pack and one answer was that a 17 inch laptop would not fit. Your barrel must be 16 inches to be legal, so I would guess that it is too small.

Comment

http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4-shorty.html

http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4.html

Comment

thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by rts414 View Post

If you scroll down you will see people asking questions about this pack and one answer was that a 17 inch laptop would not fit. Your barrel must be 16 inches to be legal, so I would guess that it is too small.

Gotcha! Thanks, I didn't even think about reading the questions. Appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post

thanks for the suggestions!
                No problem. Good luck!

Comment

Try and get a backpack type bag youll be much more happier with it then a slingpack type as it distributes the load better and keeps both hands free.

Comment

Tennis racket bags.

Comment

Stick with a backpack/bag made from the heavier stuff 1000D nylon. That way it'll last longer and won't give any clue to what you're carrying.
                      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post
                        Try and get a backpack type bag youll be much more happier with it then a slingpack type as it distributes the load better and keeps both hands free.
                        Yeah, a back pack type is what I am looking for also just need to find one with the right dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                          Stick with a backpack/bag made from the heavier stuff 1000D nylon. That way it'll last longer and won't give any clue to what you're carrying.
                          Thanks! Still searching but I'll keep in mind you're suggestions while looking.

Comment

I think First Spear, Sneaky Bags and Blackhawk make what your looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post
                              I think First Spear, Sneaky Bags and Blackhawk make what your looking for.

Thanks! Looks like the sneaky bags covert is something that I'm looking for!

Comment

Working...
                              X