Older Gun Receipts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Gun Receipts

Doing some spring cleaning/organizing and came across a few old receipts that put a smile on my face.

I started the trend! In a gun world where the Mini-14 reigned supreme, and only a few had 20" AR15's, the 16" AR was somewhat rare.....

Bought brand new on 10/01/1988
    20190411_012516 2.jpg

30+ years later, I still have it:
    Colt Gov't Carbine.jpg

No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

I have all of them. My dad's Diamondback, which I have, $329.

Comment

My first P7M8, ~1996

20190414_015208.jpg

And a Dan Wesson I should have bought!

20190411_002138.jpg

- U.S. Marines

Comment

I have the receipt for the Python my dad bought on the way to Vietnam.
        Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
          I have the receipt for the Python my dad bought on the way to Vietnam.
          That's awesome.
          There are receipts floating around the family from a non-serialized Moss 500 and 16" Marlin 30-30 from the 60's. Both live in my safes.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

The address for US Gun & Knife is right next to the 7th, a stone's throw from T&T isn't it? Probably drove by there 1000 times and never noticed it.

IIRC, there was a sporting goods store just west of Seaman's Neck (Wolf's?) that also sold guns. Three places to buy guns within a few blocks. Man, how things have changed...
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

That's awesome.
              There are receipts floating around the family from a non-serialized Moss 500 and 16" Marlin 30-30 from the 60's. Both live in my safes.
              You ought to organize them and file them away....This MIGHT be large enough
              Attached Files
              "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
                The address for US Gun & Knife is right next to the 7th, a stone's throw from T&T isn't it? Probably drove by there 1000 times and never noticed it.

IIRC, there was a sporting goods store just west of Seaman's Neck (Wolf's?) that also sold guns. Three places to buy guns within a few blocks. Man, how things have changed...
                There was one just EAST of Seamans Neck, Island Sports (John Borracci). He was the gunsmith my father's shop used for repairs he couldn't handle.
                NRA Patron Life Member
                Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
                NRA RSO

Comment

I bought my CAR15 from Edelmans for $571.95, silly me sold it because I needed money, but I did make a profit because the 1994 clinton ban was effect can say I doubled my money at $1200 off of gunbroker.
                  stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Originally posted by dougfxdl View Post

There was one just EAST of Seamans Neck, Island Sports (John Borracci). He was the gunsmith my father's shop used for repairs he couldn't handle.
                    Used to go there for airgun stuff when I was a kid. He wasn't the most personable guy, but I miss his quiet little shop. I remember him by that name, but the shop name as Village Sports??

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Reading old gun purchase receipts are like reading love letters from the past....minus the inevitable lying, cheating, two-faced back stabbing you get from actual relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                          Doing some spring cleaning/organizing and came across a few old receipts that put a smile on my face.

I started the trend! In a gun world where the Mini-14 reigned supreme, and only a few had 20" AR15's, the 16" AR was somewhat rare.....

Bought brand new on 10/01/1988
                          20190411_012516 2.jpg

30+ years later, I still have it:
                          Colt Gov't Carbine.jpg
                          My 1980 Model Sporter (SP1) Pretty similar, except for the barrel of course, smooth grip. Same aluminum collapsible stock. No forward assist, does have a dust cover.

SP1 -2.jpg

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

Used to go there for airgun stuff when I was a kid. He wasn't the most personable guy, but I miss his quiet little shop. I remember him by that name, but the shop name as Village Sports??
                            Yes!!. VILLAGE Sports. The old mind gets foggy sometimes.
                            NRA Patron Life Member
                            Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
                            NRA RSO

Comment

Originally posted by dougfxdl View Post

Yes!!. VILLAGE Sports. The old mind gets foggy sometimes.
                              Thanks! This just made me feel better about my own mind. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X