Older Gun Receipts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

My 1980 Model Sporter (SP1) Pretty similar, except for the barrel of course, smooth grip. Same aluminum collapsible stock. No forward assist, does have a dust cover.

SP1 -2.jpg

Nice. Mine has newer plastic stock, older ones have the aluminum- I like yours better!

I have a 1967 SP1, but I didn't buy that new, so it doesn't count.
    No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

I should have bought 5 of them -- LOL

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

I've got a stack of these worthless things.

John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

This is probably my favorite old receipt.

John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
            This is probably my favorite old receipt.

They left off the leading number one, as in $1,234.95
            LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

does anyone remember, was there a gun store or sporting goods store on Main st in farmingdale where croxleys is now? for some reason I feel like I remember there being something there.

Comment

Originally posted by blue70chevelle View Post
                does anyone remember, was there a gun store or sporting goods store on Main st in farmingdale where croxleys is now? for some reason I feel like I remember there being something there.
                I think there was a military surplus store there.
                Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Yes, they dealt in lots of precision stuff.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
                    I've got a stack of these worthless things.

I got one too. But know someone who has one of these. Think it's any good?

VicTanny.jpg

Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

I think there was a military surplus store there.
                      ^^^ - This --

Bought a M-65 jacket liner there --
                      NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Precision Sportsman, I think the owner was Neil. Bought an M1a from him. I don't think he was around for very long.
                        NRA Patron Life Member
                        Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
                        NRA RSO

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                          Doing some spring cleaning/organizing and came across a few old receipts that put a smile on my face.

I started the trend! In a gun world where the Mini-14 reigned supreme, and only a few had 20" AR15's, the 16" AR was somewhat rare.....

Bought brand new on 10/01/1988
                          20190411_012516 2.jpg

30+ years later, I still have it:
                          Colt Gov't Carbine.jpg
                          US Gun and Knife Co.!...just down from Karl Ehmer's, by the 7th Pct. Yup, bought my Colt CAR there for around 525, bought another one a little later from Marty for around the same price.

Bought my Mini 14 from "The Gun Shop" on Conklin, right by Rt 110. Had to order it, cost me $255 I think
                          Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by dougfxdl View Post

Precision Sportsman, I think the owner was Neil. Bought an M1a from him. I don't think he was around for very long.
                            didn't he later have a smaller store? He dealt in a lot of competiton gear. Actually he installed the 1/2 MOA sights and smaller aperature and post on my HBAR back in the mid 90's. I also almost bought an anschutz from him but realized I didn't really like smallbore as much as I liked service rifle.

he was a good guy.
                            High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

US Gun and Knife Co.!...just down from Karl Ehmer's, by the 7th Pct. Yup, bought my Colt CAR there for around 525, bought another one a little later from Marty for around the same price.

Bought my Mini 14 from "The Gun Shop" on Conklin, right by Rt 110. Had to order it, cost me $255 I think
                              I bought that CAR from US Gun & Knife then brought it to Marty to have the barrel chopped and the long flash suppressor welded on - to make it look like an early military version.

Also, I bought an Aimpoint 2000 from "The Gun Shop" on Conklin in 1986 - to put on my Ruger 10/22.

M4 in '88 and red dot sights in '86. Took the military decades to catch up! Lol

- U.S. Marines

Comment

A "dated" receipt is a surefire way to get caught sneaking "this ole thing" into the house.

But, I do have the original receipt for my 1959 Colt Woodsman Match Target, and my 1969 Colt Cobra. I also have the original box of ammo ,,, minus 6 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X