NYSP and the Delta CT4-2A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYSP and the Delta CT4-2A

I just had a telephone discussion with NY State Police about the Delta CT4-2A and its clones. I will try to faithfully relay the information, without editorial, as it was relayed to me.

The current position of the Council's office for the NYSP is that the arm brace makes the gun capable of being fired from the shoulder.
    Therefore, in the opinion of counsel, the firearm is both; an assault weapon under NY State law and an SBR.

Therefore, it may not be sold in NY.

The State is aware that this is not the same view of the firearm that the ATF espouses.

The State is aware that certain dealers are selling the firearm in contravention to the State's position.

Now for the editorial part, caveat emptor.
    LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Life Member: ASA, GOA, NRA

Comment

I can’t wait till my house sells.

AR pistols are fun, loud, but fun.
      31A49380-9968-4570-BFBC-7CEC8CCBDB18.jpeg
      Last edited by OH UNCLE PAUL; 05-09-2019, 08:01 AM.
      The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

I did forget to add this:

The NYSP do not have this information available currently in a written opinion.
        Instead, I have been encouraged to refer my customers to the NYSP Safe Act Hotline, where an officer would be happy to discuss or confirm this with any interested party.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

"Capable" does not equal "intended".

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
            "Capable" does not equal "intended".
            Rules are changed whenever they feel like it in this shithole.
            The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
              I did forget to add this:

The NYSP do not have this information available currently in a written opinion.
              Instead, I have been encouraged to refer my customers to the NYSP Safe Act Hotline, where an officer would be happy to discuss or confirm this with any interested party.
              Soooooo... do you have any available for sale? 🤣

Comment

So NYS knowingly and purposely is going against the federal government. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
                  So NYS knowingly and purposely is going against the federal government. Interesting.
                  First time in the state?
                  I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                  I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

The federal and state definitions don’t have to match.

Comment

The states do have the statutory right to make additional restrictions over and above federal restrictions. . That is clearly spelled out, even in Heller.
                      It doesn't matter what the topic, states regularly regulate their own residents. In fact, most of us libertarian types, as gun owners tend to be, support the idea of State's rights.
                      The only problem is that we happen to be stuck living in one of those States that think its citizens are too dumb to be left to their own devices and need a Mommy to diaper them after every meal.

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

The states do have the statutory right to make additional restrictions over and above federal restrictions. . That is clearly spelled out, even in Heller.
                        It doesn't matter what the topic, states regularly regulate their own residents. In fact, most of us libertarian types, as gun owners tend to be, support the idea of State's rights.
                        The only problem is that we happen to be stuck living in one of those States that think its citizens are too dumb to be left to their own devices and need a Mommy to diaper them after every meal.

Funny how they can make laws negating Federal law too, like sanctuary cities.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

Funny how they can make laws negating Federal law too, like sanctuary cities.
                          NYS picks the laws they want to enforce.
                          Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

NYS picks the laws they want to enforce.
                            Can I say something about picking the laws I want to acknowledge? (asking for a friend)

Comment

Soooo....NYSP has no problem stating if a particular configuration is non-compliant/ an "assault" weapon, but they cannot/will not make a ruling on a configuration (fixed-mag or Thordsen stock etc) is compliant? That's only up to a Judge to decide when they lock you up.

Thanks for the info Alan, as always, it is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X