Allen West - Statement Regarding the NRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen West - Statement Regarding the NRA

It has become very apparent that I need to speak out about what is happening at the National Rifle Association.

I am in my second term as a Board member, and I am deeply concerned about the actions and statements being made. The recent statements by Charles Cotton and Carolyn Meadows that are appearing in the Wall Street Journal, and now other news outlets, are outright lies. I have never been told, advised, informed or consulted about any of these details mentioned in the WSJ, and who knows how much more despicable spending of members’ money.

These statements have maliciously, recklessly and purposefully put me, and uninformed Board members, in legal jeopardy.

Prior to the NRAAM in Indianapolis I sent an email to Wayne LaPierre’s managing director, Millie Hallow, expressing my sentiment that Wayne LaPierre resign immediately.

I also drafted a memo entitled “Resolution of Concerns,” both of these statements are known to the NRA Board. It is imperative that the NRA cleans its own house. If we had done so in Indianapolis, much of this could have been rectified.

I do not support Wayne LaPierre continuing as the EVP/CEO of the NRA. The vote in Indianapolis was by acclamation, not roll call vote. There is a cabal of cronyism operating within the NRA and that exists within the Board of Directors. It must cease, and I do not care if I draw their angst. My duty and responsibility is to the Members of the National Rifle Association, and my oath, since July 31, 1982, has been to the Constitution of the United States, not to any political party, person, or cabal.

The NRA Board of 76 is too large and needs to be reduced to 30 or less. We need term limits of four (4) terms on the Board. We need to focus the NRA, the nation’s oldest civil rights organization on its original charter, mission, training and education in marksmanship, shooting sports, and the defense of the Second Amendment.

I will dedicate all my efforts to the reformation of the National Rifle Association and its members, of whom I am proud to serve.

It sickens me to publicly make this statement, but I will not allow anyone to damage my honor, integrity, character, and reputation. Needless to say, there are those who have willingly done so to their own.

Steadfast and Loyal,
    Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West (US Army, Retired)
    Member, 112th US Congress
    Patriot Life Benefactor, Board Member, National Rifle Association
    It has become very apparent that I need to speak out about what is happening at the National Rifle Association.

I saw that too. Interesting.

Comment

If Allen West sees a better way for the NRA ..the Organization ..and /or it's Mission ... I'd be likely to support his efforts.... HOWEVER... with the exception of my membership fees... no additional money will flow from me until all this drama is straightened out .

Comment

Wayne has a sexual harassment settlement in the closet.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
          Wayne has a sexual harassment settlement in the closet.
          These days, who doesn't?
          I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
          I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

These days, who doesn't?
            Maybe Bernie Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

Maybe Bernie Sanders.
              he totally catches.

Comment

Shit is getting real at the NRA
                The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
                  Shit is getting real at the NRA
                  They wanted to bring it down....
                  I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                  I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

They wanted to bring it down....

self inflicted wound based on what has transpired the past two years or so.

Comment

A membership vote of no confidence of Wayne and a purge of the Board is needed.
                      I was renewing my instructors insurance today and was speaking with a person at the insurance company about the problems here in NY and was curious how many other NY Instructors we’re sharing concerns with them. She said that concerns about NRA were far more than about NY.

I respect LTC West and his opinions. I agree with everything he said in his letter.

Comment

Another board member comes out against Wayne
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see board members speaking out and making public announcements.

It will help rebuild credibility in the future if the NRA finally gets rid of the corrupt fudds
                          The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

The leaked documents, the authenticity of which ABC News has not been able to verify,...
                            The documents, posted anonymously on the Internet,...
                            I, for one, think those to be two quite important lead ins to what followed them. That is because the documents in question may be genuine NRA documents but also may not be genuine NRA records. I have not heard of anyone independent of the NRA being able to say if they are legitimate or not. Another thing that for some reason seems important to me is that the man ho stirred the pot initially seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth relative to this mess:

Multiple attempts to reach North have been unsuccessful.
                            I also find it intriguing that all of the mudslinging aimed at LaPierre came only after the NRA filed a lawsuit against its ad agency ad agency Ackerman/McQueen of which North was a paid employee.

The timeline as I understand it went like this: NRA files suit against and questions North's relation with the ad agency from which North allegedly profits. Shortly after that, documents released claiming LaPierre is corrupt. Next, LaPierre says North is attempting to blackmail him. Then once LaPierre made that public, North resigns as president of the NRA and issues his resignation letter. I do not think we have heard much if anything from him again. New York Attorney General Letitia James launched an investigation into the group whiloe the NRA convention was ongoing. Much of the NRA membership turns on LaPierre and an apparent schism forms in the NRA. As I understand it, almost no one seriosuly questions North or the possibility of improper action on his part that apparently was one of the subjects of the initial lawsuit filed by the NRA. More accusations against LaPierre come out, still no further from Oliver North. Still no verification of any of the documentation. Now West makes a statement saying the WSJ article has put him in legal jeopardy and he does not support LaPierre. Based on his own statement (since I am not paying to read the WSJ article) I am guessing there must have been some damning things posted about the actions of West and he has denied them.

I wonder, why should anyone choose to believe Oliver North or Allen West as opposed to Wayne LaPierre without any verified evidence to date or for that matter choose to believe LaPierre over the others.

I think, we need to let this play out with whatever investigations are sure to come both internally in the NRA and from federal and or state authorities and then wait for the decisions of civil or criminal courts or both if it gets that far. Right now, I think the only facts we can verify are that accusations have been made and the allegations are unsubstantiated, at this point, against anyone involved. Note, I am not standing for LaPierre except in as much as to say he deserves his day in court as do West, North, Ackerman/McQueen and any other who allegedly may be involved in civil improprieties or criminal acts. If we, as firearms owners who stand up for our RKBA and who stand against they who sling lies and innuendo at us unrelentingly, wind up slinging mud at the players involved here without substantiation, well then we are as bad or even worse than those who want to destroy our rights because we are playing by their rules to screw our own. On the other hand, once substantiated if ever, any wrong doing should be prosecuted to the full extent of civil and criminal law as possible.
                            Retired and loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
                              Nice to see board members speaking out and making public announcements.

It will help rebuild credibility in the future if the NRA finally gets rid of the corrupt fudds
                              Some other board members have differing views that Mr. West about LaPierre. It seems though mostly one side is being touted here.

Ms. Hammer said she has known Mr. LaPierre for more than 30 years and that he “fights for, lives and breathes” the Second Amendment and the NRA.

“That’s where his loyalties lie,” she said. “I question Col. North’s loyalties. As an employee of a vendor of the National Rifle Association, his loyalty appears to be to that vendor and not to the organization.”
                              Source. The statement reportedly was made by Marion Hammer an NRA board member.

Seems there is no way to tell yet which are credible except for guessing.

Retired and loving it.

Comment

Working...
                              X