Court case using Trumps bump stock ban to make ar-15’s illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
    They already came for your cars decades ago when the government considered the right to travel a “privilege “ instead of a right. Most americans believe this, even when the courts said it was a right
    Agreed. But my post was insinuating a total ban/confiscation of both guns and cars. You know, giving up freedom for government run safety.
    Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Yes it is under the ninth amendment
      The 9A is a general catch-all.
      While I agree with 9A overall, the right to transportation in general I'd have to think about.
      Does that mean the right to a horse? A bike? A car? A boat? A plane or plane ticket?
      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

The 9A is a general catch-all.
        While I agree with 9A overall, the right to transportation in general I'd have to think about.
        Does that mean the right to a horse? A bike? A car? A boat? A plane or plane ticket?
        The “right to travel” is a known natural right....well before the invention of the automobile

just like weapons, technology does not make that right obsolete

The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

The “right to travel” is a known natural right....well before the invention of the automobile

We're talking about Constitutionally enumerated rights.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

We're talking about Constitutionally enumerated rights.
            No such thing as ”constitutionally enumerated rights”. Rights are inalienable, not granted. Hence the reason they added the 9th amendment

there are only enumerated powers surrendered to the federal government. Which are limited

The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

No such thing as ”constitutionally enumerated rights”. Rights are inalienable, not granted. Hence the reason they added the 9th amendment

there are only enumerated powers surrendered to the federal government. Which are limited
              By that thinking food and drink is a natural right too.
              So is weather appropriate clothing.
              And a home/shelter.
              And medical services.
              And a mate.

Comment

By that thinking food and drink is a natural right too.
                So is weather appropriate clothing.
                And a home/shelter.
                And medical services.
                And a mate.
                No because there is a simple rule between positive and negative rights

it cant be a right if it violates someone else’s rights (such as stealing food or clothing, squatting in someone’s home, , socialized medicine paid by stolen money, or not paying a prostitute for her services)

Comment

No because there is a simple rule between positive and negative rights

it cant be a right if it violates someone else’s rights (such as stealing food or clothing, squatting in someone’s home, , socialized medicine paid by stolen money, or not paying a prostitute for her services)
                  Who says anything about stolen?
                  You have the right to food. Obviously if you can't obtain your own food by legal means it must be supplied to you otherwise your rights are being violated.
                  Same with medicine/medical, clothing, shelter, your ability to travel.....

Comment

Who says anything about stolen?
                    You have the right to food. Obviously if you can't obtain your own food by legal means it must be supplied to you otherwise your rights are being violated.
                    Same with medicine/medical, clothing, shelter, your ability to travel.....
                    Because someone produced that food and it’s their property. If you want it. You have to come to a voluntary agreement usually involving money

same with medicine clothing shelter

right to travel is on only restricted on private lands not public land

Comment

Because someone produced that food and it’s their property. If you want it. You have to come to a voluntary agreement usually involving money

same with medicine clothing shelter
                      But it's a "right"!

right to travel is on only restricted on private lands not public land
                      So travel across a military base can't be restricted?
                      Or across a nuclear waste dump site?

Comment

When did the government assert that traveling is a privilege?
                        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

When did the government assert that traveling is a privilege?
                          As an East End town policeman once told me quote "The state owns the lake, but we own the roads!"

Comment

Enumerate means to count. It does not mean that only the things counted exist. Things that are inalienable can be counted, just like things that are not counted can be inalienable. You are confusing unrelated terms. Enumerate and Inalienable have nothing to do with each other.

From the dictionary:
                            Enumerate:
                            verb (used with object), e·nu·mer·at·ed, e·nu·mer·at·ing.
                            • to mention separately as if in counting; name one by one; specify, as in a list: Let me enumerate the many flaws in your hypothesis.
                            • to ascertain the number of; count.
                            "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                            Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

As an East End town policeman once told me quote "The state owns the lake, but we own the roads!"
                              Using certain means of traveling may be a privilege. That doesn't mean that your right to travel has been violated. I have the right to travel to Hawaii. I don't have the right to fly there on American Airlines.
                              Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

But it's a "right"!

So travel across a military base can't be restricted?
                                Or across a nuclear waste dump site?
                                Depends if you look at it from a natural rights or a constitutional persepective

the military base is surrendered under the enumerated powers

nuclear waste dump...I guess if you really wanted to...but then again people visit Chernobyl for vacation

Comment

Working...
                                X