No announcement yet.

Time To Invest In Firearms & Ammo Related Stocks - I Think So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago a chemical company called Olin used to own Winchester ammo.

Not a big part of the company's business but still a part of it.
    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post

​"Stockholm syndrome is a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity."

Trump pushed the bump stock ban.

Trump is pushing "red flag" laws.

Trump is looking at universal background checks.

Trump said "take the guns first, due process second."

Trump is passing more gun control than Obama did. Trump is not your ally. He doesn't care about your rights.
      You are being an alarmist:

"pushing"

"looking"

"is passing"

It might happen, but until it does, we have no idea what Trump will actually do. He's either waffled or intentionally shifted his stance many times in many issues.

Can you cite that quote please?

Of course, he definitely banned bump-stocks, but if that's the worst he'll do, it the best we could have hoped for realistically.

Oh yeah, and Stockholm syndrome makes no sense. What you should have said was "battered wife syndrome".
      Last edited by Range Time; 08-13-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

​"Stockholm syndrome is a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity."

Trump is passing more gun control than Obama did. Trump is not your ally. He doesn't care about your rights.
        I can't disagree with you, sadly.
        I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
        I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
          Years ago a chemical company called Olin used to own Winchester ammo.

Not a big part of the company's business but still a part of it.
          Sold olin last week
          "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
            Boy am I glad I dont get my investment advice from the gun club lol

if you are buying for a bounce, make sure you are shorting the stocks in the 18-24mo range, that is where you will see gains.

Investing is a marathon, not a sprint.
            Tell that to my RGR and AOBC stock that I bought when it dropped after Trump was elected. A few months later, it started another decline from which it still hasn't recovered.

Statistically, they should both be good investments in four more years, but since guns are so political, I wouldn't bet on it. Thankfukly, my small investment was more to support the industry than to make lots of money.
            ​​​​​

Comment

It's a gamble, one I am wiling to take, for a small amount, on VSTO and some others. Only investing that which I can lose and not be hurting too much. Just want to start investing in something other than nothing.
              Retired and loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
                It's Vegas rules, never bet more than your willing to lose. There is nothing more rigged in this country than the stock market.
                True that. You can't trust the SEC, accountants or CEO's. You have to diversify your risk over 500 companies. That's why index funds work so well. I was a licensed stockbroker on Wall Street. The game is rigged. If it weren't, Goldman Sachs would not be on the DJIA.

Comment

You forgot pistol braces. That'll be next.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

You are being an alarmist:

"pushing"

"looking"

"is passing"

It might happen, but until it does, we have no idea what Trump will actually do. He's either waffled or intentionally shifted his stance many times in many issues.

Can you cite that quote please?

Of course, he definitely banned bump-stocks, but if that's the worst he'll do, it the best we could have hoped for realistically.

Oh yeah, and Stockholm syndrome makes no sense. What you should have said was "battered wife syndrome".
                    it's not being an alarmist when it's actually happening... Here you go.

https://youtu.be/yxgybgEKHHI?t=0m40s

ETA: No, I meant Stockholm syndrome. You're trying to justify the actions of the people holding all of us, and our rights, hostage. You're rationalizing him banning bump stocks, and hoping he'll be a benevolent captor and spare the rest of us/our rights; and, if he does, you'll be praising him and trying to call it some version of 47D interdimensional checkers.
                    Last edited by Mosin1942; 08-13-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

You forgot pistol braces. That'll be next.
                      Don't give them any ideas.

Comment

Don't give them any ideas.
                        Saw it on the internets today.

Comment

I'm investing in 22LR Mini Mags. That worked back in 2013.
                          Buy it cheap and stack it deep!
                          Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

ETA: No, I meant Stockholm syndrome. You're trying to justify the actions of the people holding all of us, and our rights, hostage. You're rationalizing him banning bump stocks, and hoping he'll be a benevolent captor and spare the rest of us/our rights; and, if he does, you'll be praising him and trying to call it some version of 47D interdimensional checkers.
                            Thanks. I hadn't seen that. Trump is crazy. He'll probably change his tune when his son-in-law tells him half the judges are still liberals. It is possibly the worst thing I've heard from him, and that's saying A LOT.

I am not trying to justify anything. I don't expect benevolence from anyone I don't know. I will be praising him if his desires align with ours and he actually gains some ground for us. Why wouldn't I be happy my bonds are being loosened? Why wouldn't I hope we might actually be set free someday, while I work to make that more likely? What's the alternative? Crying or shooting?

Comment

Do you realize that police 'take guns first, then due process second' for decades? When someone is deemed by LE to be a threat to themselves or others, their firearms get taken away and they have a process to get them back.

In the youtube clip you posted, President Trump seems to agree with they way things have be done for at least 30 years maybe much, much more.
                              No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Do you realize that police 'take guns first, then due process second' for decades? When someone is deemed by LE to be a threat to themselves or others, their firearms get taken away and they have a process to get them back.

In the youtube clip you posted, President Trump seems to agree with they way things have be done for at least 30 years maybe much, much more.
                                You don't think there's any difference between police making a decision in handling an active call, and an administrative decision to violate someone's rights based on hearsay, without hard evidence? Since you're apparently in favor of red flag laws, please go ahead and explain the mental gymnastics of legally violating due process - with the entire system that's intended to provide due process. It's not like there are ever warrants issued under false pretenses or anything. Hell, even then, it's not like police have ever abused their authority to confiscate people's property, or overstepped their bounds, either. That's why departments get hit with lawsuits for civil rights violations on a regular basis... Which is why due process exists in the first place. To prevent abuse of authority.

Everyone here likes the second amendment. Apparently some need to be reminded of the 4th:
                                AMENDMENT IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
                                ​​​​​​
                                And the 5th:

AMENDMENT V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Comment

Working...
                                X