Maine rated the safest state in the nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maine rated the safest state in the nation

Facts that you will never see the MSM cover.

September 5, 2019
    Four years after allowing universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine rated the safest state in the nation for crime

By Thomas Lifson

Since 2015, residents of the state of Maine have been allowed to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit, and now the results are in: crime has fallen to the point where the state is now rated the safest in the nation from the threat of crime. The Maine Examiner reports:
    When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.
    One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.
    Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.
    They were wrong, as wrong as the San Francisco Board of Supervisors labeling the NRA a “terrorist organization.” And for the same reason, the notion that a physical object, not human beings, causes evil. The US News &World Report rankings of the safest states has named Maine as the safest state in the nation.
    Public safety makes up 50 percent of the Best States for crime & corrections ranking. This subcategory evaluates both the violent crime rate and the property crime rate in each state, as measured by the FBI in 2017. Though some major cities, such as Chicago and Baltimore, have seen drastic increases in homicides in recent years, overall violent crime and property crime rates remain near historic lows.
    A higher state ranking indicates a lower crime rate for these metrics. Maine ranks first in the nation for public safety. Fellow New England state Vermont places second in this subcategory, followed by New Hampshire, New Jersey and Idaho.
    Beautiful... and safe, thanks to universal concealed carry (photo credit: PXhere)
    As the Maine Examiner noted, second-ranking Vermont also has a constitutional carry law.
    Guns in the hands of honest citizens decrease crime. That is fact that has been statistically demonstrated by John Lott’s pathbreaking book, More Guns, Less Crime, a rick-solid statistical analysis showing that when states pass “shall issue” concealed carry laws, crime goes down. The San Francisco Board of Supervisors should take note.
    Hat tip: Bryan Demko

Yet, Bernie a congressman from 1991 and a senator from 2007 from Vermont doesn't know this and therefore is pro confiscation, na no agenda there!

Comment

Northern New England constitutional carry yet very safe.

Comment

my auto mechanic in Vt. has 60 guns

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post
          my auto mechanic in Vt. has 60 guns
          We all have to start somewhere 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Luke the drifter View Post
            Yet, Bernie a congressman from 1991 and a senator from 2007 from Vermont doesn't know this and therefore is pro confiscation, na no agenda there!
            Yeah but let’s not forget that Bernie could only win pro gun Vermont in the past by being pro gun himself ....now that he has gained power in recent years he ditched that platform

The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Just as an aside to this thread.
              I just got back from a couple days in Maine.
              I've been before but always in a hurry to get from point a to b.
              This was a bit more relaxed.
              I think I might love it!
              Don't know that I could handle the winters but dang, it's nice.
              We were sort of mid state. REAL laid back.
              Ended the trip with two days in Acadia. Amazingly beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
                Just as an aside to this thread.
                I just got back from a couple days in Maine.
                I've been before but always in a hurry to get from point a to b.
                This was a bit more relaxed.
                I think I might love it!
                Don't know that I could handle the winters but dang, it's nice.
                We were sort of mid state. REAL laid back.
                Ended the trip with two days in Acadia. Amazingly beautiful.
                Acadia is one of my favorite national parks. I also think Maine is one of the most beautiful states in America. Highly recommended for any outdoorsman, scenic lover, motorcyclists, sports car drivers, etc...
                The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

I refuse to move to another blue state.
                  Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Even though this is pro 2A, I tend to roll my eyes with these kinda articles. It's no different then when a libtard says mass shootings increased after the "assault weapons" ban ended, so the ban MUST have stopped mass shootings. Complete and total nonsense that ignores a number of other major factors that were in play. Not saying the CCW law didn't help in Maine, but with things like the growing opioid epidemic devastating New England, I'd be genuinely interested to see if there were any other factors or tactics LEO or State government implemented to help the crime drop. If the Governor was was of the mindset to sign that bill into law (non-libtarded), he/she most likely passed other legislature getting tougher on crime as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X