Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DICKS !

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dicks-spo...rth-of-weapons
    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Lol, these guns were already purchased from the manufacturers. $5 million in guns destroyed just means the gun industry will have to make $5 million more. More jobs, more gun company profit, same amount of guns "on the street".
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

If I was a stockholder I’d be pissed. Fortunately I am not.

Comment

For a company to destroy firearms, there is a process to follow. You don’t just toss them in a crusher. ATF needs proof they are to be removed from your bound book. It isn’t easy on a small scale, let alone a big scale. They probably utilized an outside contractor, the same as police departments do. And that costs a decent amount of coin.

Comment

$5mm in sales into a dumpster? That there is sum good biznis thinkin. He really showed us.

How do the shareholders and board tolerate this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post
            If I was a stockholder I’d be pissed. Fortunately I am not.
            Yeah, why didn't they see if the government wanted to "buy them back"?
            No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Comment

Sorry,came here expecting this 🍆

Comment

He had them melted down and made into a grandstand for him to preach from.

Comment

This was nothing more than a $5 million propaganda commercial for the anit's...wouldn't be surprised if Bloomberg told him to do it and reimbursed him for it.

Comment

If he wanted to turn $5-miilion in ARs into guns that can't hurt anyone, couldn't he have just traded them for AKs?
                    LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Makes as much sense as the people who have owned ARs or AKs for years then video'd themselves cutting them up or turning them over to police.
                      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Same story - different focus.

Caution: A couple of videos at the link of graphic destruction.

In an interview with CBS News on Sunday, Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack revealed that his company had destroyed about $5 million worth of the semi-automatic rifles in its inventory. Stack made the decision to remove all military-style weapons from the company’s stores in response to the 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Rather than returning the guns to their manufacturers, Stack opted to reduce them to scrap metal. So how exactly do you destroy large quantities of guns?

By cutting, shredding, melting, or crushing them. In his new book It’s How We Play the Game: Build a Business. Take a Stand. Make a Difference, which was released Tuesday, Stack writes that Dick’s “sawed $5 million worth of rifles.” (Slate has reached out to Dick’s requesting more details on how it sawed the rifles. We will update this piece if we receive a response.)

Yet Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives* guidelines for properly disposing of guns, which are based on the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968, dictate that saws are not an adequate tool for this task. The ATF instead recommends using an oxyacetylene torch to sever a gun into pieces. It specifies that each cut must be made at an angle and remove at least a quarter inch of metal. The cuts also need to pass through three critical areas: the “forward wall or barrel mounting area,” the rear wall, and the area containing “a critical fire-control-component mounting pin and/or the slot in which the operating handle reciprocates.”

The ATF also notes that shredding is an acceptable alternative, which is more efficient given a large number of guns. In 1993, the Pentagon reportedly began using a shredder nicknamed “Captain Crunch” to dispose of old and worn guns. Captain Crunch is housed at the Anniston Army Depot in Alabama and can shred weapons made of steel, wood, plastic, and aluminum. Personnel with the Defense Logistics Agency, which is part of the Department of Defense, can place up to 2,500 firearms per day onto a conveyor belt that feeds them into Captain Crunch’s interlocking blades. The personnel take a blowtorch to the remains to ensure none of it can be used to construct a gun. They sell the scrap, which generated $12 million per year by 2007. There do not appear to be any public videos of Captain Crunch, but below is footage of a similar shredder that the company GunBusters uses to destroy guns confiscated by St. Louis police:

Melting is also an effective, ATF-approved method for disposing of large quantities of firearms. Every year, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department* holds a “gun melt” to destroy thousands of weapons that officers confiscate. The department hauls the guns in a truck to a steel mill. Front-end loaders then transport the guns to a furnace set to about 10,000 degrees, roughly the same temperature as the surface of the sun. The melted remains are then refashioned into reinforced steel rebar for freeway repairs and other construction projects in California, Arizona, and Nevada. You can watch a video of the process below:

The fourth way to destroy guns under ATF guidelines is to crush them. The Long Beach Police Department began using a $20,000 hydraulic press called “The Crusher” in 2015 to squash weapons under 2,500 pounds of pressure. The press can crush three firearms at a time and up to 40 per hour. The Crusher can handle weapons ranging from the size of a pocket knife to that of a .50-caliber rifle, and the department is also using it to dispose of swords and brass knuckles. Long Beach police then sell the scrap metal.

The CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods says his company scrapped $5 million worth of weapons. Here’s how the experts recommend doing it.

Comment

So their ahole CEO has/had a book deal going during all of this? Nothing like linking yourself to something high profile, taking a controversial position on it and then writing the book. Well played.
                          Am I wrong to suspect that this guys personal financial upside was a force in his decision making? Sure, he might just be another SJW extraordinaire, but me thinketh he took this one to the bank.
                          I hope his shareholder crush him and then sue for his acts of bad faith as theirCEO

Comment

Typical leftist behavior. No matter that they are spending money to destroy assets. Money is irrelevant to them until they want funding for some new project.
                            The top priority to them is disarming America. Dicks believes themselves insulated from the end result..... useful idiots.
                            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Gunownersshould challenge the CEO to destroy or giveaway the millions of dollars he made from semi auto guns over the years
                              The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Working...
                              X