Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone into Leather?

Not like that you sick bastards...

I recently started looking into it as a hobby and doing a few projects. Dressed up a Henry Lever Action.
    Wrapped the stock, foregrip and lever. Gotta say, I'm pretty happy with the results, and have a few more small projects lined up.
    There's a tremendous amount possibilities and quite a few online resources to buy materials and learn from.
    Anyone else doing leather crafts? Holsters, knife sheaths, belts, ammo pouches, slings, stock covers?
    Or just have some cool stuff you've purchased?
    Post some pics.
    Artist formerly known as TERRY P

Very nice work.
    Many years ago I found a leather guy at a bike show and had him make me a couple of sandbags, suede side out.
    Best I ever owned.
    Wish I still had them.

Comment

Nice work Terry!
      Ben

Comment

Nice job!
        Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Comment

Nice work. I have been thinking about making a stock cover for my Winchester 94. Are you buying the supplies locally?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt John View Post
              Nice work. I have been thinking about making a stock cover for my Winchester 94. Are you buying the supplies locally?

Thanks.
              ..and No, I looked, but not too many places locally have decent leather supplies.
              I went through a company in Connecticut called Tandy Leather, They have a huge supply of tools, and different grades and sizes of leather.

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/
              Artist formerly known as TERRY P

Comment

Don't know if it's the same company, but Tandy was a leather crafts supplier 40 years ago. Mail order stuff. You know, catalogs and mailand such.

Comment

Same company. Should've checked their website before I posted. They've been around for almost 100 years.

Comment

I'm in the market for a snake whip- any suggestions other then Etsy?
                    Africa Part 2: May 2018

Comment

OK, thanks. I purchased my first leather tools from them years ago. Always looking for new suppliers.

Comment

Looks great, I love the leather butt covers. This is the newest edition I had done.
                        IMG_1301.sized.jpg
                        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
                        - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
                        - James Madison

Comment

Not 1 hot chick in a leather mini skirt. This thread sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbytaz View Post
                            Looks great, I love the leather butt covers. This is the newest edition I had done.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n7787[/ATTACH]
                            That's awesome.
                            Ben

Comment

Its a SS 1895 in .45-70, the one that was in Jurrasic World, So I figured why not. hahaha
                              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
                              - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
                              - James Madison

Comment

Working...
                              X