LGS's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LGS's

I've been to Campsite, and AOS this past weekend. Can you believe I was treated with respect in both stores. Both very helpful, and polite. You would think it's an election year or something

This is just my opinion mind you but as long as we're pulling up a chair and having a chat.............
    If AOS was the only gun shop on the island, I'd take up bowling.
    They have had more than their fair share of chances to redeem themselves and have spectacularly bombed each and every time.
    Imagine me typing fancy cuss words followed by AOS.
    How they are still in business is miraculous.

That said, I'm glad you fared well.

Comment

"If AOS was the only gun shop on the island, I'd take up bowling."

Love it

Comment

OP, you putting Campsite and AOS in the same category for any reason?
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

It's been a while since we've had an Edwards report.
          We did have a snosneb check in recently.
          Chester is back in +1 territory, probably never should have been dropped from it but that's another story for another site.
          DSI...'nuff said
          SSS = good people IMO
          LI Ammo aka Karps are top shelf. They actually figured out a safe way around the alcohol/gun powder conundrum. ๐Ÿ”ซ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ”ซ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿท๐Ÿ”ซ
          Hunter Sports = no comment
          Colloseum ๐Ÿ‘
          Suffolk Shooting, spitball range away from PLB
          Hunter Essentials = Bruce is +1
          Britt, old school charm but limited.
          Jerry's = mixed experiences, odd hours

Camp Site? C'mon, these guys have made gun selling an art. It's like Cheers when you walk in and everyone knows your name. Have to be careful not to look directly into certain eyes though, reason and free will evaporate and people vomit PIN #'s and hoard burial sites.

So, we have choices. That's all I can ask for. I've been to them all, liked some more than others and a few will never, ever see another dime of my money or minute of my time.
          My go to LGS(s) are Camp Site (kidding Alan, Kim & Josh) and LI Ammo (kidding Paul). IMO they rise above the rest. There is so much more than price to consider but start there. They are ALWAYS at least competitive if not outright less expensive than others. Even if they come in a few shekels over the interwebz they ALWAYS support their customers in ways www.takeyourchances cannot or will not. Next time you need a spring 10 minutes before closing, try Cabellas or Buds. Need a castle wrench or sight tool and are too cheap (me) to buy one? Tell me how CTD or Bass Pro hooked you up. Ordered a raspberry and decided your actually more of a hot pink kinda guy? Gander or Academy get their restocking fee every time.

Supporting our LGS's is good for us and them. I'd say we edge the LGS out on benefit though. They can always save on overhead and switch over to online sales, we lose more than they do if they go away.

I'm sorry for the derail OP, got carried away.

Comment

Mods, how about a poll of LI LGS's? Score 1-10, can be anonymous if the ballless crowd don't want to be outed for being closet Cheaper Than Dirt loyalists.
            I would be curious to see who likes where...and why.

Comment

Did some business at Campsite this past weekend. The place was packed and the service was top notch. Love that place (Karp's too).

Comment

I am in Holbrook so only a couple of local places. Used to buy ammo at Jerry,s but a bad experience turned me off to that place. Stopped by DSI on my way home and have been hooked ever since.

Comment

Campsite and LI Ammo are the two places I've liked the most. Will use them for whatever I need. I'm actually really surprised American Outdoor Sports was helpful and polite. They sucked last time I went (a few years ago).
                  โ€œJustice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                    OP, you putting Campsite and AOS in the same category for any reason?
                    Yes, they are both on RT 110. At least kinda sorta.

Comment

Talking about AOS, I never had a problem there. They gave LIF members 10% OFF. I always had good service there. Brought a few guns, and other assorted stuff over the years. I hear Jim is no longer there.

Comment

AOS is that place I drive by on my way to see Paul at Campsite and think "I should check that place out one day". Then I drive past it again on my way home with a big grin, new stuff in the trunk, and a head full of new ideas how to spend a shit load of money thanks to Paul's well placed hints and guiding hand. Except on the way home Im thinking "why do I need to stop there?" as I drive by.

Campsite pulls at the roots though - all my uniforms and camping gear came from there 30 years ago when I was a wee lad in the scouts.

Comment

The Good:

Although not convenient since I live out east, Karps/LI Ammo is my go to LGS. Alan, Kim and Josh always great to deal with. Worth the trip for me.

I hit Jerry's for my transfers as my office is a block away from his location... and I am usually heading home after 7:30p so his hours work well for me. I also use PJAN if Jerry's is closed as they are great as well (just not as close for me).

------

The Bad:

I have had my own issue with DSI at the old location. Will not be visiting the new one.

I also was not a huge fan of Coliseum. I obviously got someone on a bad day there, who had nothing but an attitude when I asked about a pistol. Ended up purchasing it online that evening.

------

I want to stop by Chesters as I am in the area a lot as well. He is on my list of places to hit as I missed the meet there last month.

Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Gun stores, they're fucking gun stores. God I hate "tacti-speak".
                            Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Camp Site: Very friendly, nice guys and knowledgeable. Very eager to help. Very positive experiences there. Bought one pistol from them and a bunch of ammo. Would happily buy more from them but buying handguns outside of Nassau county requires two trips to the Pistol section; kind of a pain in the @ss.

South Shore Sports: Have only bought ammo and other paraphernalia there; always positive experience. Knowledgeable and friendly staff.

AOS: No problems but never had anything I was looking for; inventory seems sparse.

TNT: Bought a rifle from them that no one else had at the time. Not a negative experience, but not somewhere I'd rush back to.

Coliseum: My go-to LGS. Big selection and plenty of inventory. Have had nothing but GREAT experience there. Had an issue with one gun that I bought last year.. it was just a dog. Not their fault, but they made it right by me. Pretty much the only place I buy from now unless I'm buying something online. Always helpful, always great service.
                              Last edited by HyFiveGuns; 08-08-2016, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X