Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are my factory original magazines illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are my factory original magazines illegal?

When I purchased my S&W 669 many years ago it came with a 12 round magazine in the box. The bottom portion of the magazine was actually the pinkey finger grip. I understand that with the current law in NY that if I am caught with this unloaded magazine, I am in deep trouble. Can anyone give me the "what's up" on this? Thank you.

Your screwed

Comment

If you can put more than 10-rounds in the magazine get rid of it, it is a violation or a crime depending on circumstances. You can lose your handgun license and with that, your long guns as well. (in Suffolk County at least)

Send it to a friend in another state, trade it in to a gun store, or something.
      LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport,

Comment

Perhaps you can block and pin it to only accept ten rounds? Otherwise it must be destroyed. Might want to check out the windows for any black vans. They should be there any minute since you posted this on a public forum, lol.

Comment

have someone pin it or get rid of them asap
          let's make america great again

Comment

Welcome. The unSAFE act allows a provision for those who were unaware of the rules.

Permanently modify or get rid of it.

Comment

Modify it (rivet, block, epoxy) or stop posting about it on a public forum.
              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Unconstitutional BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can you bury it, and then when the SAFE act is repealed, you can dig it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                    Modify it (rivet, block, epoxy) or stop posting about it on a public forum.
                    WINNER!!

Comment

Yup.

Comment

rivet it ,when you move to free America drill the rivet out

Comment

OP, where have you been ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            When I purchased my S&W 669 many years ago it came with a 12 round magazine in the box. The bottom portion of the magazine was actually the pinkey finger grip. I understand that with the current law in NY that if I am caught with this unloaded magazine, I am in deep trouble. Can anyone give me the "what's up" on this? Thank you.
                            tumblr_muh1tzTMTj1rdh9azo1_400.gif

Comment

You were fine until you found out about it. Now you have 30 days to comply by getting rid of it,.
                              Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Working...
                              X