Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi-only Czech vz61 Scorpion (.32)

CZ VZ61 Scorpion.jpg

Polish Radom, PM-63 (9mm x 18). This is a little odd in that it has a slide on top that operates like a standard semi-auto handgun. This is also a pistol as the folding stock is welded closed and the folding fore grip is locked closed.

20200911_220031.jpg

20180805_140513 2.jpg unnamed.jpg
    “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
    Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
      I was going to post one-a-day, but this is getting tedious, lol.

SVT-40, 1941 Tula (7.62 x 54r)

20191204_232841.jpg

SVT-40, 1943 Tula (7.62 x 54r)

20190611_151547.jpg
      We need a Dan 0351 range day so we can handle and try some of the cool stuff you have. I volunteer to clean it all afterwards.

Comment

Love Com-Block guns. They were always so cheap as fresh imports....You gotta get in while the going is good! The double action on these guns is about as bad as it gets...

20220113_053624.jpg

P64 Polish Radom in 9x18 Mak

20220113_053503.jpg

FEG Union AP 7.65 (32 ACP)

Comment

• Dan 0351
        Dan 0351
        Instructor/Collector
        Dan 0351 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, people have traditionally kept away from ComBloc import pistols, as they aren't the best-made, or that fun to shoot. But in the collector market, I think they're decent investments. I haven't got into collecting them....yet.

Gettin' to the bottom of the barrel.....

ChiCom Norinco 54 (7.62 x 25)

20200804_173233.jpg
      Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

This one doesn't belong anywhere. Anything it was, it no longer is, anything it's supposed to be it isn't really. But the parts are combloc at least. One of my favorite guns, both that I've built and to shoot.

Inspired by a series of informative posts from the legendary bkln_c, the Sons of Liberty khyber pass. If you don't know, the Khyber pass is a third world middle east shit hole, where al-qavemen use rocks and logs to build (and rebuild) firearms. Lots of 7.62 and 5.45 parts mixing and matching, resulting in some nonstandard frankenguns. Being trapped in the third world shithole we call ny, and considering my delusions of grandeur obviously qualify me as a revolutionary freedom fighter, I decided to get primitive with it. Besides a hand drill and spot welder for completing the 80%, no advanced tooling was used. Hydraulic press, milling machine, toth barrel tool, riveting jigs, were replaced with the BFH (big fuckin hammer) and files. Added some SoL flair on the upper handguard and pistol grip, America eagle inlay on the lower handguard, Liberty Tree leather sling, twine stock wrap, and some authentic paki tape to finish it off. Bfpu oxpho blu finish. I tend to baby most of my guns, not this guy. More dings and gouges and oxidation just add to the vibe. One of my favorite parts, the mag is a counterfeit Izhevsk bakelite magazine from....the actual khyber pass. Brass lug visible in 1st pic below.

IMG_20220114_192119(1).jpg

1967 Polish og barrel kit, childers 80%, 4.5mm bulgarian triangle folder.

IMG_20220114_192218.jpg

IMG_20220114_192251.jpg

So it's an American assembly of middle east motivated combloc components.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post

Keep it alive, my latest won't be here till next week 😁
          Don’t worry, we haven’t even opened the Cz-75 can of worms yet, this thread will easily get to 1000 posts

Comment

I told
          Dan 0351
          Instructor/Collector
          Dan 0351 that I was fighting the urge to be a smart ass and post pics of one of my two Com Bloc rifles. Which, I found among my father's things buried in a closet. I have no idea how he got it or why. I assume it was one of several ceremonial rifles his navy militia organizations used. That's how I got my 1903A3. Thanks NERA! Anyway, I've mentioned it in several threads about gun "buy backs". It's a Mosin of some sort, missing a bolt, and with a bubba job on the stock. It has some surface rust. Dan told me to send pix which I did and now I think I have a project. It needs a bolt and a stock, neither of which appear to be expensive. The barrel appears to be unobstructed. It would need a damn good cleaning and inspection. Hell, I can't find any caliber markings on it. Not even a model #. I assume it's a 91/30 and not a 44 because all the pix of 44s that I’ve seen have a folding bayonet but I know nothing of these guns.

Does anyone know a gunsmith on the island that could take a look at it and tell me if it would be safe to refurbish? The receiver looks ok to me but what do I know?
          "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
          Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
          Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

• mattyj513
            mattyj513
            Mad Gunsmith
            mattyj513 commented
            Editing a comment
            No recommendation on a smith to give it a once over, but I'd start by doing a quick clean of any cosmo or surface rest. Plug the barrel and fill with cleaner of choice to better evaluate condition of the bore. There's a few methods of bringing out shallow or worn proof/arsenal stamps, easiest is doing a chalk rub, so you can confirm you aren't holding a hidden gem. Past that, its a matter of what you want to accomplish. Replacing the stock and bolt is as simple as replacing them, I believe the mosin doesn't need headspacing for bolt replacement due to the floating head, surely someone here more knowledgeable than me can confirm that. The biggest problem I'd expect you to encounter is that the cost of the stock and bolt will be bringing you close to the cost of another mosin.

• Finicky Fat Guy
            Finicky Fat Guy
            Formerly DLM
            Finicky Fat Guy commented
            Editing a comment
            As a matter of fact I tore it down this afternoon and started cleaning it. There isn’t much cosmoline on it. I’m letting the smaller metal parts soak in degreaser, wiped down the receiver with degreaser, and I gave the barrel a light wipe with 0000 steel wool. When I get the receiver a little cleaner I’ll look for cracks with a glass.

Another awesome rifle from our friends at
          LI Ammo
          Gunseller
          LI Ammo. I almost didn't buy this, very happy I did. I started a thread here in 2017 when I got it - https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo.../249825-ssg-82

East German Scharfschützengewehr (Sharpshooter's Rifle or SSG) 82 (5.45 x 39mm), Ziess scope numbered to gun.

Scharfschützengewehr 82.jpg

Very little info on these rifles. Military and possibly police issue, shoots the same ammo as AK74. Possible "Wall Gun" on the Berlin Wall and special units. Supposedly only 2000 made and only 600 imported into the U.S.
          Algernon Blackwood

Comment

• mattyj513
            mattyj513
            Mad Gunsmith
            mattyj513 commented
            Editing a comment
            This, ladies and gentlemen, is what is referred to as the money shot.

• Surfer21
            Surfer21
            Donated Member
            Surfer21 commented
            Editing a comment
            I friggin had a brand new SSG one in my hand, it was wrapped about 8,000 lbs of cloth & cosmoline at Navy Arms in NJ and passed on it!aAs mentioned by Dan The history on the gun is extremely vague about the design and it’s operational use/deployment.
            Surfer21
            Donated Member
            Last edited by Surfer21; 01-15-2022, 07:58 PM.
        Working...
        X