A little NYSRPA rant --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little NYSRPA rant --

Sooooooooooo -- when I read here the good they were doing -- I re-upped -- then went on their site to order 2 car stickers --

One sticker -- $2.17 X 2 = $4.34 --

Shipping ----- $10. -- that's -------- ten dollars !

So I emailed them and asked if it was a mistake ?

The answer was -- "that's the way the system is set up" --

My answer was -- "NRA - nickel & dime much" ?

Pricks ! --- little things like this makes me not want to re-up again ----

Rant off -- LOL
    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

It's ten bucks. That's half a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Personally I don’t care what they charge to ship a sticker as long as they keep fighting for us in the courts. Lawsuits are expensive, especially when you’re going against the state who can afford to drag things on forever. Their e-store is like 5 items and it says $10 shipping on the bottom. I don’t think it’s exactly a big money maker/big operation for them.

Comment

• Ricekila
        Ricekila commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think they would appreciate the advertisement --

• Ricekila
        Ricekila commented
        Editing a comment
        P/S ---- "Lawsuits are expensive" ---- that's what donations are for ?

• Finicky Fat Guy
        Finicky Fat Guy commented
        Editing a comment
        The swag they sell is an income stream the same as donations. I don't understand why you would think that donations are the only source of funding for their operations.

Would probably be easier to swallow if they just stated... "Free shipping on all orders with $10 donation for the cause."

Comment

• Ricekila
        Ricekila commented
        Editing a comment
        Extortion --- yea much -- L

If you buy a large quantity of stickers, you will average down the cost of the shipping

Comment

• Ricekila
        Ricekila commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats a thought --- but she ( ? ) went to far --- they have all my info - why then does she want me to call ?

It is quite possible that like many other organizations and museums that do not have a full time staff, that NYSRPA has a separate company that handles all their merch. While you go to their website to browse and order, you are actually ordering from a company that NYSRPA have contracted with to fill those orders. So in actuality, you are not dealing with a little old lady who is placing two bumper stickers in an envelope licking it shut, but a company that sells merch for countless others. When they told you it was "set up this way", pretty much makes me think that's what they have in place. So the $10 is most likely not going to NYSRPA, but a portion of the sticker price is.
      Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
      Nick Charles: No.
      Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
      Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
      -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

I've spent a small fortune in $7-10 shipping on $.25-$5 parts over the years, sucks. But at least the $10 shipping was going to a organization you were trying to donate money to anyway. Hopefully they put a stamp on an envelope and the extra $9.50 goes to the cause.

Comment

Let them have it. They're doing God's work.
          When they kick out your front door
          How you gonna come?
          With your hands on your head
          Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

I feel the same way about this place.
          I figure $22 of my annual membership go towards Pate's fuel for the LIGC Lear Jet and a buck towards the mods hot tub parties.
          That leaves two dollars to help keep the lights on here.

Comment

Working...
          X