Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNrs23r4DA

the 10mm, 40 cal, etc reminds me this episode of big bang theory

sheldon earlier talks about HO size train tracks and how ridiculous it is that it exists between 2 other sizes. then falls in love with it after buying it.

why get a 10mm when a 45 has been doing the job for 100 years? lol

Comment

Because 10mm is hotter than .45.

Comment

10mm is definitely over looked. I just loaded 600 rounds this weekend. 180gr bayou coated bullets over longshot. I had been using bluedot. Pretty much the same, but longshot seems to burn better. I got a newer model delta elite and a sig 220 sao. both are awesome. I'd really like to get an eaa witness but I read mixed reviews online.
        By the way delta owners, I fit an egw flat bottom firing pin stop on mine. Changes the felt recoil and slows the slide down. It doesn't throw my brass into next week anymore. Highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by E View Post

I would think that 15 rds of 10mm would be preferable to 5/6 rounds of 44mag or even 454

I've hiked Brown Bear country numerous times and I've taken my .44 mag wheelgun with me. I'm not a huge ballistics guy, but I've done some (internet) research and have found that the .44 mag is much better for stopping a bear, but you only get 6 rounds. Fifteen rounds of 10mm, although not as powerful of a round, gives you more of an opportunity to hit an attacking bear while running, screaming, wetting your pants, etc.
          (never run, 'food runs')

This theory can work on two-legged animals also.
          "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

.40 and 10mm have very similar balistics. Not sure I see the benefit of the added cost.

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
            Alexander Hamilton

Comment

• Shamuscull
              Shamuscull commented
              Editing a comment
              I think most of the commercially available 10mm are watered down version and not the load as it was intended.

Originally posted by Happy Camper View Post
            Because 10mm is hotter than .45.

Then step up the spring of a Glock 21 and try .45Supers...

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...ct_detail&p=76
            True freedom and our inherent responsibility:
            https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=NLT
            https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hronicles+7:14

Comment

Fire 15 rounds at a running bear. That's some theory.

Comment

I like the 10 mm as a side arm when hunting with a rifle. But this year I'm using a sw500 . No second gun needed
                let's make america great again

Comment

Not to be to argumentative, but comparing a real 10mm to 40sw is like comparing 38+p to 357 mag. Buffalo bore 180gr are going something like 1350fps. If you compare that to American eagle 10mm that is going 1050fps,then yeah, it's not much different than 40.
                  A far as setting a glock 21 up for 45 super, why not just get a 460 rowland barrel. My friend has one on a g21. 230gr at 1300fps. 44 mag performance in a semi auto. It's crazy.

Comment

Be lucky to get one or two shots off on an attacking bear. lol
                    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarheadsergeant View Post

Dude, you seem like a good guy. As someone who builds guns, understands how they work, and talks to reamer and ammunition makers with some frequency, be careful.

ok I do not build guns ,but have read about the Glock 20 in this case shooting .40. I am open to listen and learn. I need to understand why in simple terms it is not wise to do so? We are talking just the Glock 20 in this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I've hiked Brown Bear country numerous times and I've taken my .44 mag wheelgun with me. I'm not a huge ballistics guy, but I've done some (internet) research and have found that the .44 mag is much better for stopping a bear, but you only get 6 rounds. Fifteen rounds of 10mm, although not as powerful of a round, gives you more of an opportunity to hit an attacking bear while running, screaming, wetting your pants, etc.
                        (never run, 'food runs')

This theory can work on two-legged animals also.

Now thats just funny, just make sure you have peanut butter all over your face.

Comment

You don't have to outrun the bear just your hiking partners.

Comment

Thats exactly why I carry a .22 in bear country. Just to shoot a colleague in the knee or ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by Citypaul1 View Post
                              Fire 15 rounds at a running bear. That's some theory.

The theory I read is - fifteen 10's (with certain ammo) MAY be better than six .44's under certain conditions. You may be running around a tree, picnic table or have a little distance, have a natural barrier that may slow it down, etc. Shooting a short-barreled 44 mag quickly, under intense stress, while you and the target are moving will probably produce numerous (if not all) misses.

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Working...
                              X