Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cas
    replied
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Dan 0351
    replied
    Originally posted by Citypaul1 View Post
    Fire 15 rounds at a running bear. That's some theory.

The theory I read is - fifteen 10's (with certain ammo) MAY be better than six .44's under certain conditions. You may be running around a tree, picnic table or have a little distance, have a natural barrier that may slow it down, etc. Shooting a short-barreled 44 mag quickly, under intense stress, while you and the target are moving will probably produce numerous (if not all) misses.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyblueyes
    replied
    Thats exactly why I carry a .22 in bear country. Just to shoot a colleague in the knee or ankle.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Camper
    replied
    You don't have to outrun the bear just your hiking partners.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyblueyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I've hiked Brown Bear country numerous times and I've taken my .44 mag wheelgun with me. I'm not a huge ballistics guy, but I've done some (internet) research and have found that the .44 mag is much better for stopping a bear, but you only get 6 rounds. Fifteen rounds of 10mm, although not as powerful of a round, gives you more of an opportunity to hit an attacking bear while running, screaming, wetting your pants, etc.
    (never run, 'food runs')

This theory can work on two-legged animals also.

Now thats just funny, just make sure you have peanut butter all over your face.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyblueyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarheadsergeant View Post

Dude, you seem like a good guy. As someone who builds guns, understands how they work, and talks to reamer and ammunition makers with some frequency, be careful.

ok I do not build guns ,but have read about the Glock 20 in this case shooting .40. I am open to listen and learn. I need to understand why in simple terms it is not wise to do so? We are talking just the Glock 20 in this conversation.

Leave a comment:

• cas
    replied
    Be lucky to get one or two shots off on an attacking bear. lol

Leave a comment:

• Snakebill
    replied
    Not to be to argumentative, but comparing a real 10mm to 40sw is like comparing 38+p to 357 mag. Buffalo bore 180gr are going something like 1350fps. If you compare that to American eagle 10mm that is going 1050fps,then yeah, it's not much different than 40.
    A far as setting a glock 21 up for 45 super, why not just get a 460 rowland barrel. My friend has one on a g21. 230gr at 1300fps. 44 mag performance in a semi auto. It's crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Havfun
    replied
    I like the 10 mm as a side arm when hunting with a rifle. But this year I'm using a sw500 . No second gun needed

Leave a comment:

• Citypaul1
    replied
    Fire 15 rounds at a running bear. That's some theory.

Leave a comment:

• cas
    commented on 's reply
    The research will show it's a VERY bad idea.

• Hannco
    replied
    Originally posted by Happy Camper View Post
    Because 10mm is hotter than .45.

Then step up the spring of a Glock 21 and try .45Supers...

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...ct_detail&p=76

Leave a comment:

• Shamuscull
    commented on 's reply
    I think most of the commercially available 10mm are watered down version and not the load as it was intended.

• GunsNGolf
    replied
    .40 and 10mm have very similar balistics. Not sure I see the benefit of the added cost.

Leave a comment:

• Dan 0351
    replied
    Originally posted by E View Post

I would think that 15 rds of 10mm would be preferable to 5/6 rounds of 44mag or even 454

I've hiked Brown Bear country numerous times and I've taken my .44 mag wheelgun with me. I'm not a huge ballistics guy, but I've done some (internet) research and have found that the .44 mag is much better for stopping a bear, but you only get 6 rounds. Fifteen rounds of 10mm, although not as powerful of a round, gives you more of an opportunity to hit an attacking bear while running, screaming, wetting your pants, etc.
    (never run, 'food runs')

This theory can work on two-legged animals also.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X